Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:10 AM   #31
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friend's dd was nearly medically kidnapped

For those who don't have fb, she is recovering. She has had a seizure cluster once that I know of but didn't need to be hospitalized. She has had a very hard time with drug withdrawal. She had toxic levels of one med and he result was hallucinations. The whole family is traumatized from the experience. They have been at home with all CPS charges dismissed as unfounded for over a week.

My own thoughts, but it would be very hard for me to know when to seek help when the "help" tried to take your child once. And traumatized the whole family. And caused more harm than good. The Drs at UCSF were amazing though. It is way too far of a drive (8 hours I think) if there is an urgent situation though. Many people local to her with seizure issues choose to drive to another hospital 40 min ( or miles?) away. One person that shared was a priest who after being called to support his parishioners and seeing the exact same thing from the same neuro dr, including the parents being interrogated by CPS to the point security had to accompany the mother whenever she was with the child, chose to bring his own child who has a seizure disorder to the farther away hospital. There are many such stories, but you can't get much more credibility than a priest who provides all his contact info to anyone who will listen.

They will fight for this to not happen to others. But they are so weary. They spent what is no doubt a ton of money on a patient advocate and lawyers just to get her released from the nightmare to a hospital that could and would help. Not that money was a concern when your child is at death's door. And mutual friends who saw her were saying it looked like imminent life or death. PTSD is expected IMO given what happened to them. So please pray even though she isn't critical. It will be a long recovery for all of them and an even longer fight to maybe prevent this from happening to others. If that is even possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
Dandelion (05-18-2015), Hermana Linda (05-17-2015), KarenBoo (06-05-2015), LilySue (05-17-2015), Llee (05-17-2015), mommylove (05-17-2015), OnAMission (05-17-2015), sprout (05-17-2015)
The Following 10 Users Say they are praying for sweetpeasmommy:
CelticJourney (05-17-2015), Dandelion (05-18-2015), ECingMama (05-24-2015), KarenBoo (06-05-2015), Kiara.I (05-17-2015), LilySue (05-17-2015), Llee (05-17-2015), mommylove (05-17-2015), OnAMission (05-17-2015), WanderingJuniper (05-17-2015)
Old 05-17-2015, 05:27 AM   #32
mommylove
Rose Garden

mommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond repute

IRT knowing when to seek help, IIUC, she was initially transferred to CHOC, not that they chose that as their initial stop, yes? It would be a concern of mine if I went to another hospital, they would want to transfer out for more specialized care & the family could find themselves in the same situation again. I wonder if it's possible to get a restraining order against a hospital or that doctor to ensure transfer to CHOC is never a consideration?

I cannot imagine the toll that trauma would take on a family.

mommylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:07 AM   #33
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I *think* that is correct that it wasn't their first stop, but they were turned away by the first hospital.

Double checking the facts many people choose CHLA instead which is 75 miles away. Those are good ideas.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997

The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-24-2015)
Old 05-17-2015, 12:29 PM   #34
Hermana Linda
Administrator

"air-mannah Leen-dah" it means Sister Linda in Spanish

Hermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasmommy View Post
Double checking the facts many people choose CHLA instead which is 75 miles away. Those are good ideas.

Actually, according to Google Maps, it's around 40 miles, which is usually about 45 - 60 minutes.

Sent by Tapatalk from my phone

My pages:
Why Not Train A Child? and the FB Page as well as @WhyNotTrain on Twitter
Read about how my husband was Pulled From The River By God

Last edited by Hermana Linda; 05-17-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Hermana Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermana Linda For This Useful Post:
righteous mama (05-17-2015), sweetpeasmommy (05-17-2015)
Old 05-17-2015, 12:57 PM   #35
righteous mama
Rose Garden

righteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend whose daughter has a heart problem and drives to CHLA once a month sometimes. We are very close to the same place this family lives. It should take an hour or less to get there.
mama to farmer girl (21) princess lionheart (16), and dandelion queen (11)

~infp~

Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power!
righteous mama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to righteous mama For This Useful Post:
Hermana Linda (05-17-2015), sweetpeasmommy (05-17-2015)
Old 05-17-2015, 01:39 PM   #36
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

Facts are not my strong suit. Maybe he meant 75 miles round trip. I just know CA is huge, lol.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997

Old 05-17-2015, 02:01 PM   #37
Hermana Linda
Administrator

"air-mannah Leen-dah" it means Sister Linda in Spanish

Hermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasmommy View Post
Facts are not my strong suit. Maybe he meant 75 miles round trip. I just know CA is huge, lol.

That works for me.

Sent by Tapatalk from my phone

My pages:
Why Not Train A Child? and the FB Page as well as @WhyNotTrain on Twitter
Read about how my husband was Pulled From The River By God
Hermana Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:37 PM   #38
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

She's hospitalized at UCLA. They are being treated very well. Prayers for the seizures to stop and for the emotions this must bring up for them.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
mommylove (06-02-2015), Soliloquy (06-02-2015)
The Following 11 Users Say they are praying for sweetpeasmommy:
Amber (06-02-2015), ECingMama (06-02-2015), graciousmomma (06-02-2015), Hermana Linda (06-02-2015), KarenBoo (06-05-2015), Kiara.I (06-02-2015), Laurlor (06-02-2015), Llee (06-05-2015), mommylove (06-02-2015), OnAMission (06-02-2015), squiddles (06-02-2015)
Old 06-02-2015, 06:31 PM   #39
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

AngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry she's back in the hospital. Praying...

Wife to David since July 2005, Mama to Genevieve born June 2006 and to Gabrielle born February 2009

AngelaVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:22 PM   #40
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

They are saying the recent increase is due to precocious puberty which is apparently a thing with Dravet kids. she's only 7.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997

The Following 3 Users Say they are praying for sweetpeasmommy:
DaltonsMomma (06-03-2015), ECingMama (06-02-2015), twoplustwo (06-03-2015)
Old 06-02-2015, 10:28 PM   #41
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:29 AM   #42
mommylove
Rose Garden

mommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond repute

How is she doing now?

mommylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:35 AM   #43
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

Last update was 15 hrs ago. She was moved to PICU for versed drip, and later able to wean off and bridge the gap with another med. It said she was improving nicely. They've been treated well and learned so much at This hospital.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (06-05-2015), ECingMama (06-05-2015), KarenBoo (06-05-2015), Laurlor (06-06-2015), MamaRachel (06-05-2015), mommylove (06-05-2015)
Old 06-05-2015, 08:22 PM   #44
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

KarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond repute

I have been praying for this family.

crunchy, homeschooling, and focused on healing with diet, homeopathy, and QRI cold laser reflex integration
KarenBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:22 PM   #45
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

I am almost positive this is okay to share here as I have permission, it is a public page and I left out the kid pic.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
AngelaVA (06-06-2015), backtobasicsmum (06-10-2015), CelticJourney (06-06-2015), ECingMama (06-08-2015), Llee (06-06-2015), OnAMission (06-08-2015), SewingGreenMama (06-21-2015), squiddles (06-06-2015)