Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:36 AM   #376
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decluttering thread!

Ive sold about half the stuff i listed locally. . Wednesday is my cut off day...whatever's not sold is getting donated.

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:57 AM   #377
MercyInDisguise
Rose Garden

The only way we'll last forever is broken together

MercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond repute

Our back porch is totally cluttered with stuff I need to list on Craigslist.
Mama to
A 20 months
a little one who will only ever know heaven 8/1/13
MercyInDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:16 AM   #378
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

KarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond repute

Reading this thread inspired me to go work on Monkey's closet. It's been on my "to do" list for a couple of months now. I pulled out a lot for Goodwill, and even more for the consignment sale that I do twice a year. Sadly, the next one is in the fall and I missed the spring sale because we were in the middle of the unpacking chaos. So the garage has a lot of bins ready for that when it happens! I'll have DH run by Goodwill later on today because he already wants to go to Costco, and it's right on the way.

Monkey loves to get rid of stuff, and I put a really cute hamper that we weren't using in her room. Anytime she has a toy that she no longer wants, she puts it in there. I'll dump that out into the Goodwill bag too!

She was gone while I worked on her closet, and she is thrilled that it's not all packed out with unusable clothes! She squealed in delight! She only has her favorite stuff in there now and it's so much easier to see what she has.

crunchy, homeschooling, and focused on healing with diet, homeopathy, and QRI cold laser reflex integration
KarenBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KarenBoo For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (06-08-2015), RiverRock (06-15-2015)
Old 06-07-2015, 05:05 PM   #379
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

I was inspired by that "333" blog and purged a bunch of my clothes. I wouldn't say I'm down to 33 things, but my closet does look a bit emptier.

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue-EyedLady For This Useful Post:
Carini (06-07-2015), RiverRock (06-15-2015)
Old 06-07-2015, 05:12 PM   #380
Leslie
Rose Garden

Genteel Princess Mollie

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I went through my fabric. 20 years of scraps from costumes and crafts. Two garbage bags full of unusable stuff, and a bag for Goodwill.

Pretty much all that's left now is sentimental stuff -- cards, photos, stuff like that. That includes my stash of office supplies, which I'm very sentimental about.
Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leslie For This Useful Post:
Lady TS (06-08-2015)
Old 06-09-2015, 12:19 PM   #381
blondie
Rose Garden

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

2 trash bags donated. Ive got another bag brewin. Loo

Lilla Rose Stylist
The Following User Says Thank You to blondie For This Useful Post:
AsTheDeer (06-09-2015)
Old 06-09-2015, 12:30 PM   #382
AsTheDeer
Rose Blossom

AsTheDeer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie View Post
2 trash bags donated. Ive got another bag brewin. Loo
4 bags gone in last couple of weeks. Another one almost ready too. These children have so many clothes its unreal!
AsTheDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AsTheDeer For This Useful Post:
believer (06-09-2015)
Old 06-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #383
Leslie
Rose Garden

Genteel Princess Mollie

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I opened the hall closet to finally give away a large toy that's been there for years and years -- and found two boxes buried underneath. Both full of clothes I had forgotten all about! I think I must have packed them away during my last pregnancy twelve years ago.

Apparently I've needed to declutter for a long, long time.
Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leslie For This Useful Post:
believer (06-09-2015), RiverRock (06-15-2015)
Old 06-15-2015, 08:18 AM   #384
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

KarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond repute

This weekend we worked in the garage. It helped me keep my mind off of the passing of my dad.

We packed the back of the Jeep full of stuff and took it to Goodwill. We threw away a bunch of stuff. And we emptied out a lot of bins, so now we have a stack of empty bins. We also have empty spaces on the shelves.

Next we will go through the cardboard boxes of stuff that we haven't been through in a while, and get rid of as much of that as we can, and put the rest of it into the empty bins we have.

We also have bins of equipment that are in shelves in DH's office, and those can go to the garage, and that makes space for the crafty bins that are sitting out in the floor in DH's office.

Today I took 3 plastic drawers of "hair stuff" (from under the bathroom cabinets) and had the girls go through it. We got rid of enough stuff to have only 2 neat drawers. (One is mine and it goes in my bathroom, one is theirs. My drawer has all of the fancy stuff that is theirs, plus my stuff.) I also made hanging ribbons so all of their bows have a place to hang. (I just hot-glued the ribbon onto a metal ring, nothing fancy like you see on Pinterest.)

crunchy, homeschooling, and focused on healing with diet, homeopathy, and QRI cold laser reflex integration
KarenBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KarenBoo For This Useful Post:
rjy9343 (06-15-2015)
Old 06-15-2015, 10:08 AM   #385
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

I love to declutter the bathroom for some odd reason. I think it is because I am always amazed at how much stuff ends up there and how much progress is made in so little time. I have cleaned out my bathroom and Ivy's bathroom in twenty minutes. I can't declutter any other room in twenty minutes.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rjy9343 For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (06-15-2015), RiverRock (06-15-2015)
Old 06-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #386
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

I have 1.5 cubic feet of books to donate.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:20 PM   #387
blondie
Rose Garden

Dropped off 1.5 bags for the church rummage sale, plus i filled a huge box tonigh . AND I had teo big bags of trash tonight. Ugh, it feels good. I have so far to go still, though.

Lilla Rose Stylist
Old 07-20-2015, 09:10 PM   #388
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the middle of swapping out all the bedrooms. Everything is coming out of each room, and only the things that belong are supposed to come back in. So far I've identified a few things to get rid of, but today was move all the big furniture day. Tomorrow we tackle the smaller stuff.

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue-EyedLady For This Useful Post:
rjy9343 (07-21-2015), sunflowermom (07-20-2015)
Old 07-20-2015, 10:14 PM   #389
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

sunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond repute

What a great idea! We just moved, so I did a TON of decluttering.

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012
sunflowermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:35 AM   #390
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

We had a yard sale and got rid of a of lot of junk. We sold off two chests of drawers, some old books, a lot of Ivy's old clothes, some kitchen odds and ends and some lawn equipment. James got rid of an insane amount of empty cardboard boxes and what we did not sell was either donated or consigned at the used book store or used kids clothing store.
We still have some more to go, but I think that may wait until Ivy starts kindergarten. I love the feeling of less junk.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote