Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 02-07-2021, 10:26 AM   #31
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: February dinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmommy View Post
Super bowl sunday. I could care less about the game.
Oh yeah. That. Last year we went to a party. Which had a lot more football watching than I was hoping for (<-- I actually believe there would be 1 or more moms who would not be watching, I was wrong, all adults and all teens except for my dd watched. My teen dd played with the under teenage aged girl)

This year I would have done something special for Super Bowl board game night (which we usually do and will do again tonight) but Super Bowl Sunday always sneaks up on me. Unless the Colts are in it - and then as the local team so I am more aware of it coming. I am slightly more aware this year because of the above mentioned Colts fans, so I am aware we root for the Chiefs who do not have Tom Brady rather than the Tampa somethings who do have Tom Brady.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twoplustwo For This Useful Post:
milkmommy (02-07-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 12:57 PM   #32
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
Oh yeah. That. Last year we went to a party. Which had a lot more football watching than I was hoping for (<-- I actually believe there would be 1 or more moms who would not be watching, I was wrong, all adults and all teens except for my dd watched. My teen dd played with the under teenage aged girl)

This year I would have done something special for Super Bowl board game night (which we usually do and will do again tonight) but Super Bowl Sunday always sneaks up on me. Unless the Colts are in it - and then as the local team so I am more aware of it coming. I am slightly more aware this year because of the above mentioned Colts fans, so I am aware we root for the Chiefs who do not have Tom Brady rather than the Tampa somethings who do have Tom Brady.
Thankfully it's just us. Dh will watch the game but no one else will. Cecilia declared it junk food day when she was about 7. Sounded good to me so we've done that every year since.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmommy View Post
Thankfully it's just us. Dh will watch the game but no one else will. Cecilia declared it junk food day when she was about 7. Sounded good to me so we've done that every year since.
Oh and I haven't a clue who is playing today...
twoplustwo (02-08-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 05:43 PM   #33
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

We're watching the game. Husband did a brisket and I made beans and German potato salad. My mom brought garlic bread which I caught on fire in the oven because my timer isn't working properly.

We also made jalepeno poppers and queso.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2021, 10:34 PM   #34
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Beef stew and watches the last 2 episodes of the long Pride & Prejudice.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 10:35 PM   #35
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tickle Momster View Post
Beef stew and watches the last 2 episodes of the long Pride & Prejudice.

I watched that a couple of weeks ago! Love it!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
The Tickle Momster (02-08-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 10:54 PM   #36
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute

I just stopped off at the grocery store and bought steaks that I can grill and some ready made salad. I'm struggling with my health at the moment so quick and easy is the way to go today
Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:32 AM   #37
HerbalTea
Newly Planted

HerbalTea is on a distinguished road

Last night we had roasted baby potatoes with roasted broccoli, sweet peppers and mushrooms. So cozy for a frigid night - it’s been below zero degrees out here!

Tonight I’ll be making a gluten free vegetarian lasagna
Homesteader, herbalist, natural living and parenting enthusiast

And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
Colossians 1:17
HerbalTea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HerbalTea For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (02-16-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 11:49 AM   #38
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes and peas last night. It is hardly Superbowl food, but I had asked DH what he wanted for dinner, and that is what he said, so that is what I made.
The night before was take out pizza because we had some boys over for ds's birthday and that is what they wanted.
The night before that we went out to a restaurant. It was the first time we have eaten out at an actual restaurant in 11 months!

Tonight is hamburger soup and rolls. I am buying the rolls because I am just not going to fit in making them today.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:19 PM   #39
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

I had a bit of a sledding accident on Friday, wasn't feeling well for most of the weekend and totally dropped the ball on planning Super Bowl food. (We usually have a fun, creative spread. Not so this year. One year I made homemade Twinkies in team colors. We're a little nutty.) Dh and the kids picked up some finger foods at Costco and I added oven fries, homemade hummus, and a cheese log.

I have Thai chicken in the crockpot for tonight and will make rice for those who want it (probably coconut). Just need to figure out veggies. I wish I'd actually made satay with the chicken, so maybe I can come up with a skewered veggie in its stead. Or maybe just roasted cauliflower. Yeah, still feeling a little lazy.
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 03:01 PM   #40
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaMum View Post
I had a bit of a sledding accident on Friday, wasn't feeling well for most of the weekend and totally dropped the ball on planning Super Bowl food. ..... Yeah, still feeling a little lazy.
Oh my! I hope you are OK! I think it is OK not to cook a lot for a couple of days.

I thought I had gotten beef broth for my hamburger soup from my grocery order, but I can't find it, so I had to improvise. I sort of mashed up two recipes i have, and I did not drain the beef as much as I should have, so I hope it is OK.
I know it is not a favorite of the family anyway.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 05:12 PM   #41
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLifeMama View Post
Oh my! I hope you are OK! I think it is OK not to cook a lot for a couple of days.

I thought I had gotten beef broth for my hamburger soup from my grocery order, but I can't find it, so I had to improvise. I sort of mashed up two recipes i have, and I did not drain the beef as much as I should have, so I hope it is OK.
I know it is not a favorite of the family anyway.
Some of the best iconic dishes started out as improvisations, if not outright mistakes! I hope they liked it.

And, thanks! I'm fine now; it looks a lot worse than it feels. (I jumped on the sled and hit my chin on a mound of ice. It's seriously ugly - five stitches, a huge bruise and scabbing. My teens are calling me Hatshepsut because it looks a lot like a beard. My jaw is still a little messed up, but it's slowly getting better. I can chew today at least.)
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
The Tickle Momster (02-08-2021), twoplustwo (02-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 06:37 PM   #42
Laurlor
Rose Trellis

Laurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight we're having grilled basil & cracked pepper chicken sausages (Costco) with grilled onions, baked beans, and baked seasoned fries. I forgot a veggie when meal planning!
DD1 (24), married to my dearly loved son-in-law
DD2 (22)
DS (19)
Laurlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 06:59 PM   #43
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight is soccer mom spaghetti & meatballs for the family. I'll probably have leftover zuppa Toscana.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
Old 02-09-2021, 03:08 AM   #44
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tickle Momster View Post
Tonight is soccer mom spaghetti & meatballs for the family. I'll probably have leftover zuppa Toscana.

What is soccer mom spagetti? I self identify as a soccer mom (2 soccer players, drive a mini-van, live in the suburbs). I think I should be aware of this type of spagetti.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:20 AM   #45
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
What is soccer mom spagetti? I self identify as a soccer mom (2 soccer players, drive a mini-van, live in the suburbs). I think I should be aware of this type of spagetti.
. Soccer moms unite!

Thisoldgal.com has a recipe for it. Super easy!

In the bottom of your instant pot dump a layer of frozen meatballs. Dump a package of pasta on top. I use 1.5 bags from Costco. Pour in a jar of sauce plus a jar kf water. Should be about even with the pasta. Put on lid & seal. Pressure cook for half the time listed on the package. Round down. Release pressure quickly after its done. Stir & serve.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save