Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Natural pain relief - Help !!!!

I sprained my ankle 3.5 weeks ago and unfortunately it's a bad sprain. They are saying it is going to take about 6 months to heal! I'm still jn a on of pain!

After 7 days of around the clock narcotics I began to vomit! I then tried Tylenol and ibuprofen and got massive digestive problems. Now I'm trying alleve and Tylenol and still in pain.

Here are the natural things im also doing
*natiral flex (food science brand supplement good for soft tissue injuries)
*tumeric capsules
*homeoapthic arnica (cream and pills)
*olbas e.o.s
* young living e.o. pain blend my friend gave me
*purify rocky Mtn oils

And of course I keep it elevated unless I'm walking or doing my phys therapy! And I'm still icing a few times a day!

I realized this weekend that my pain is out of control . I realized Friday night that I'm ignoring it but it's actually pretty bad I'm calling the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow but also hoping for some natural suggestions!

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:55 AM   #2
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

KarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Natural pain relief - Help !!!!

There is a cream called Topricin. It is homeopathic, and it works great on all of the things I have used it for. With your level of pain, I would put it on every 2 hours. I know you are using arnica, but the Topricin has more than that in there.

I am so sorry you are in such pain!

crunchy, homeschooling, and focused on healing with diet, homeopathy, and QRI cold laser reflex integration
KarenBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KarenBoo For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (04-21-2014)
Old 04-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #3
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

Epsom salt soaks several ties a day

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamacat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2014, 08:02 AM   #4
Sakura
Rose Trellis

Sakura is a glorious beacon of lightSakura is a glorious beacon of lightSakura is a glorious beacon of lightSakura is a glorious beacon of lightSakura is a glorious beacon of lightSakura is a glorious beacon of light

This is not an "immediate" pain relief thing, but I have read that enzymes (as in digestive enzymes, maybe others??) do help repair tissues and damage in the body - so it may help recovery happen sooner, but not like it is going to take away the pain today. Epsom salts probably really good, like others said.

Sure hope you get to feeling better soon.

Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sakura For This Useful Post:
mamacat (04-21-2014), tempus vernum (04-21-2014)
Old 04-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #5
Housekat
Rose Garden

Even if you can't see them or hear them at all, a person's a person, no matter how small!

Housekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond repute

There are quite a few options for chemical pain relief that are less hard on the stomach. Sadly i know of nothing natural apart from elevating and icing that would address such high pain levels. Praying you get it sorted

Find me on Facebook

Housekat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Housekat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #6
Marrae
Moderator in Tweens & Teens, Teens & Beyond, the Cookbook, Let's Talk, Drawing Closer, and Bible Study
I support GCM!

The presence of the Holy Spirit is the keystone of all our hopes

Marrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond repute

Could you try a TENS machine?

Sorry you have so much pain.

wife (dh A, *~ 33 ~ * years) mother (dd G 29, ds D 25)

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8 : 28

Marrae is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marrae For This Useful Post:
allisonintx (04-21-2014), tempus vernum (04-21-2014)
Old 04-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #7
allisonintx
Rose Garden

Some Cal/Mag will probably fix that.

allisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond repute

Tens is a good option.

Bromelain is a natural anti inflammatory.

allisonintx
Wife to Stephen
Mother to Elizabeth 19, Andrew 17, Abigail 14 & Evelyn 12

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the world. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home.
. . . . . . .

allisonintx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allisonintx For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #8
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrae View Post
Could you try a TENS machine?

Sorry you have so much pain.
I own a tens machine but have only used it for back/neck pain relief.
Do I take it to phys therapy to ask them how to use it on my ankle?

Thank you for the other ideas. I'm looking into them. Unfortunately, I cannot just go buy new product (right foot can't drive), so I have to order everything

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housekat View Post
There are quite a few options for chemical pain relief that are less hard on the stomach. Sadly i know of nothing natural apart from elevating and icing that would address such high pain levels. Praying you get it sorted
I'm open to non natural as well if you would like to give me ideas. I know nothing except this.

1. Ibuprofen gives me gastrointestinal issues
2. Vicodin makes me vomit
3. percoset gives me vertigo
4. alleve + tylenol isn't quite strong enough

I'm open to anything that would change me from a shrew who sleeps off and on all day to my normal self again I am not bfing so it's just me and at this point the pain has to be worse for my health than any chemical response <---not to mention the burden this is putting on my kids and dh living with me has become . . . well. . . a chore

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
Old 04-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #9
Caecelia
Rose Trellis

Caecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond repute

Just so you're aware, strong essential oils, like peppermint, tea tree, eucalyptus are not recommended to be used in conjunction with homeopathic remedies, as they can antitidote the remedy. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD1, born at home 6/27/11
DD2, born at home 5/5/14

INFJ DYT 4 (why yes, my signature is bolded! )

RIP Dad (5/16/51-9/6/12) Always in my heart

Caecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caecelia For This Useful Post:
HadassahSukkot (04-21-2014), tempus vernum (04-21-2014)
Old 04-21-2014, 11:13 AM   #10
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caecelia View Post
Just so you're aware, strong essential oils, like peppermint, tea tree, eucalyptus are not recommended to be used in conjunction with homeopathic remedies, as they can antitidote the remedy. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Yes, I am carefully timing my e.o.'s. I work with a classical homeopath and in his opinion a few hours between remedies is plenty I use one in a.m. and one p.m. for now. I'm ready to ditch arnica and the e.o.'s cuz doesn't feel like it's doing anything

Old 04-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #11
Caecelia
Rose Trellis

Caecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond reputeCaecelia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Natural pain relief - Help !!!!

Ooh, good to know about the few hours! What has always stuck in my head from when we saw a classical homeopath throughout childhood and up until early adulthood was to not use them at all for the duration of using the remedy. I know my mom is currently seeing a homeopath, and there have been other changes with the 'rules' of using remedies with other things.

DD1, born at home 6/27/11
DD2, born at home 5/5/14

INFJ DYT 4 (why yes, my signature is bolded! )

RIP Dad (5/16/51-9/6/12) Always in my heart

Caecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #12
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caecelia View Post
Ooh, good to know about the few hours! What has always stuck in my head from when we saw a classical homeopath throughout childhood and up until early adulthood was to not use them at all for the duration of using the remedy. I know my mom is currently seeing a homeopath, and there have been other changes with the 'rules' of using remedies with other things.

It is always interesting the rules and what other people think of them. Just FYI -- our homeopath told me outright that people disagree with him in regards to this. WHen we first started seeing him, I was about giving up e.o.'s because my ds was on a daily liquid constitutional remedy. That's when he told me not to stress - just keep it a few hours apart

The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
Caecelia (04-21-2014)
Old 04-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #13
Housekat
Rose Garden

Even if you can't see them or hear them at all, a person's a person, no matter how small!

Housekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond reputeHousekat has a reputation beyond repute

you could try opoids or synthetic opoids but obviously need to ok that with your dr. Depending on the dose they don't necessarily make you drowsy.

I have a painkiller called Naproxen which is relatively new but am not sure what it's called in the US. Have you tried codeine? I'm not up on the brand names in America, I'm sorry

Find me on Facebook

Housekat is offline   Reply With Quote