Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 10-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #76
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Talk to me about coconut oil

I need tips on getting it out of the jar. All I can get out is little shavings at a time. I can never just get a spoonful or anything. If I needed a large amount for it and not just a teaspoon to put in my drink it would take me all day.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #77
allisonintx
Rose Garden

Some Cal/Mag will probably fix that.

allisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond repute

weird, mine is pretty soft. It scoops out like Crisco.

allisonintx
Wife to Stephen
Mother to Elizabeth 19, Andrew 17, Abigail 14 & Evelyn 12

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the world. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home.
. . . . . . .

allisonintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:56 AM   #78
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

hmm...mine isn't that hard either. It sits on top of the stove so is always kind of soft.... I always use a spoon.... where do you store yours?

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:31 AM   #79
BHope
Rose Garden

Finding the Good

BHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond repute

Mine's continually in liquid form. I think we keep our home on the hotter side. lol.

DD1 (8 years old)
DD2 (6 years old)
DD3 (4.5 years old)

Eternally missing DFS3 (stored safely in our hearts) and DFS1
Praying for Little R as she transitions into a new family.
May you always know God's love and His comfort.
BHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:34 AM   #80
Lady Grey
Rose Garden

Lady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rachael! It will fit just fine.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:39 AM   #81
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

I keep it in the cupboard next to the stove.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:50 AM   #82
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

what kind do you have? is your house cold?

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
Old 10-23-2007, 02:47 PM   #83
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

It's Nutiva. We don't have the heat on so it's fairly cold. It was like this in the summer too though. I've never had coconut oil that was the consistency of shortning.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:59 PM   #84
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

interesting.... my guess is just that it stays cool enough to stay firm.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 10-23-2007, 05:54 PM   #85
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

It makes it almost unusable. Would it hurt anything to melt it all and pour it into a butter mold?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:57 PM   #86
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

I can't imagine that it would hurt it..Just set it on top of your stove while you are baking something...it will melt slowly.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 01-02-2008, 10:16 PM   #87
made4more
Rose Garden

made4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond repute

now I really want some.. too bad they dont take food stamps. dh doesn't like to buy food w/o food stamps that isn't a complete necessity.

made4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:42 AM   #88
Katydid
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Katydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amytug
now I really want some.. too bad they dont take food stamps. dh doesn't like to buy food w/o food stamps that isn't a complete necessity.
Now that I've started using it, I totally see it as a necessity. Doesn't Whole Foods or someplace like that take food stamps? I've actually seen the Spectrum brand in the natural section of our regular grocery store. Or are there actually restrictions on what you can buy with your food stamps?
Old 01-03-2008, 07:06 AM   #89
made4more
Rose Garden

made4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond repute

eh- the only restrictions are that you can't buy things that are premade. well something liek that. you can't get the chickens, etc from the deli, but you can buy a cake from the bakery. naw, I'm sure I could get some. but I read here that it's not up to par.

made4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:15 AM   #90
MarynMunchkins
Deactivated

MarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond repute

I used this thread to scramble my eggs with CO, and I'm hooked. Now I gotta find join a co-op to get more.
MarynMunchkins is offline   Reply With Quote