Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 05-19-2008, 08:22 PM   #106
FaithfilledGranolaChick

Default Re: Bentonite Clay

thank you! I just ordered my clay Now I am going to see if I can find Living Clay used on half or amazon...that would be a much easier reference.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #107
HummusDip

I still have to get my money order off to get my clay, I keep forgetting. The owner keeps telling me about how great that book is that they sell. I'd like to see if I can find it cheaper somewhere else too.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:59 AM   #108
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Let me know if one of you guys find it cheaper else where. Im going to getting the book soon.
me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #109
me
Rose Garden

Here's one for you guys. I slacked off on the kids' clay baths and yesterday I gave them one full strength.
I had read on line, the color of the clay left being a different color sometimes with people who are using it to detox from metals. I think it was on something I was reading about biomedical treatment with autism or detoxing for someone who's occupation caused excess metals.
But anyway, I let the water down after all the kids had taken a bath. The clay was almost black Keep in mind, im on bedrest. We havent been outside since their last bath. It wasnt from being dirty. And the other times they had full strength baths and had been playing outside the clay was never black.

We have been having allergies lately with it being spring. Just thought it was interesting to see.

Oh, and something to cute! Dd2, who is only 2 years old, has been itching on the back of her neck. I usually put a bit of clay on it when I see it red or where she has scratched and cut herself with her nails.
So yesterday she tells me she needs clay and brings me the jar of where I keep the hydrated clay for her skin and for my face. I say ok, put it back, let me get up
When I go to the bathroom to get it, the jar isnt completely closed. I look at the back of dd's neck and she has rubbed some on already
Old 05-23-2008, 06:11 PM   #110
HummusDip

That's so cute! And the black clay, ewww! At least you know it's working! Wow, I"m so sold! We've just been too busy to get to the post office to send some money off for ours.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #111
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaTiger
That's so cute! And the black clay, ewww! At least you know it's working! Wow, I"m so sold! We've just been too busy to get to the post office to send some money off for ours.
I have absolutely nothing to gain by sharing our experiences with clay, Im just so impressed with it I cant help but try to help others with it if there is a chance they will feel as good as we do now. With that said. MamaTiger! You have got to make it a priority! Without saying any specifics you guys are gonna feel a ton better once you start using it. There are so many ways it will help you guys specifically, even down to the pets
Old 05-24-2008, 08:20 AM   #112
me
Rose Garden

I dont want to be a post glutton  but I couldnt resist posting this.
I found an interesting link while reading about alum in wikipedia, it mentioned it was found in clay. So I clicked the link to clay and noticed this statement
"A recent article in The Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy found that certain iron-rich clay was effective in killing bacteria" here's the article:

http://jac.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/co...tract/61/2/353

Eta:also updated my list of uses that I have tried with success
Old 06-12-2008, 12:54 PM   #113
milkdud
Rose Trellis

milkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I finally got our clay and did a mask and drank it today. Cake wanted a facial, too. So, I put a bit across his nose and cheeks. Within 5 minutes, my face was itching like crazy and now I feel all dizzy and light headed. Did I do too much too quickly?

I've always done clay masks and am usually able to leave it on for 20mins, no problem. My face was even still crazy itchy 10 mins after I'd washed it off.
Gobstopper 09/2009
Bit o' Honey 11/2012

11/2003 & 12/2011
milkdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #114
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm weird...I have not heard of that kind of reaction to topical. it is possible that the drinking combo with mask was what did it.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #115
Serafine
Deactivated

Serafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond repute

wow! I am so happy to have found this thread...off to check out that link.
Serafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:49 PM   #116
Serafine
Deactivated

Serafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
You know Rachel, my first sample didnt dry out but my second one came a bit dried too , before I even opened it. Even after I put it in another container with a lid, after a while it started drying in there too. Only difference I used the first sample up faster.

Faith- So far I have seen/heard of clay in these ways, there might be other forms out there :
Powder filled capsules.
Internal/external hydrated clay in bottles and its more like a liquid.
Powder form that needs hydrating. Only the internal/external can be used in any way. Be careful not to take the external clay internally! I have found the powder to be less expensive.
Then the hydrated clay that is more like thick paste can dry out like mine did. But a touch of distilled water gets it right back. If you buy it like this or prepare it to be like this, you want to give the jar a thump and feel sort of a vibration. Thats how you know its done right. Not a good discription but aboutclay.com explains it better.

The clay I bought came with directions for hydrating. But since I really like the clay Im wishing I had bought the book that their site sells. Only because it would be so handy to have and reference instead of always emailing the distributor Or like the time I was googling and found how to use it in hair. If I had had the book I wonder if it already has all that in it?
You could probably find enough info on line and from where you get it to get you started though.
I noticed the hydrating ratios are just a tad different from my directions pamphlet and the aboutclay.com site, I just follow the pamphlets directions.

Tracy-pm'ed you
Okay, so is this http://www.earthslivingclay.com/SPECIAL.htm what I should be buying and then just hydrating it myself? Also, should I just use this for baths too or should I also buy the bath clays?

thanks
Serafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:07 AM   #117
FaithfilledGranolaChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterwife
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
You know Rachel, my first sample didnt dry out but my second one came a bit dried too , before I even opened it. Even after I put it in another container with a lid, after a while it started drying in there too. Only difference I used the first sample up faster.

Faith- So far I have seen/heard of clay in these ways, there might be other forms out there :
Powder filled capsules.
Internal/external hydrated clay in bottles and its more like a liquid.
Powder form that needs hydrating. Only the internal/external can be used in any way. Be careful not to take the external clay internally! I have found the powder to be less expensive.
Then the hydrated clay that is more like thick paste can dry out like mine did. But a touch of distilled water gets it right back. If you buy it like this or prepare it to be like this, you want to give the jar a thump and feel sort of a vibration. Thats how you know its done right. Not a good discription but aboutclay.com explains it better.

The clay I bought came with directions for hydrating. But since I really like the clay Im wishing I had bought the book that their site sells. Only because it would be so handy to have and reference instead of always emailing the distributor Or like the time I was googling and found how to use it in hair. If I had had the book I wonder if it already has all that in it?
You could probably find enough info on line and from where you get it to get you started though.
I noticed the hydrating ratios are just a tad different from my directions pamphlet and the aboutclay.com site, I just follow the pamphlets directions.

Tracy-pm'ed you
Okay, so is this http://www.earthslivingclay.com/SPECIAL.htm what I should be buying and then just hydrating it myself? Also, should I just use this for baths too or should I also buy the bath clays?

thanks
I didn't buy the seperate bath clay, I just used the power.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:25 AM   #118
Carrie in PA

Thanks for posting the June Special info. What a great deal! I just ordered some!

I am so pleased this can be used during pg! I can't wait to give my kids and dh clay baths and sneak it into their drinks!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #119
me
Rose Garden

How much did u drink?
What kind did u buy specifically?
Old 06-14-2008, 06:07 AM   #120
milkdud
Rose Trellis

milkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond repute

I drank a teaspoon, maybe slightly more. It was the Frontier Calcium Bentonite, non swelling, powder.

I am thinking of doing it again to see if I get the same reaction. I did drink 2 teaspoons yesterday, with no ill effects, but skipped the mask.
Gobstopper 09/2009
Bit o' Honey 11/2012

11/2003 & 12/2011
milkdud is offline   Reply With Quote