Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post]
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post] A place for both current homeschoolers/unschoolers and those who are considering homeschooling to find support.
A public forum. A read-only forum unless you join the corresponding usergroup here.

Please Note: Everyone can read this forum, and everyone is welcome to seek and offer homeschooling/unschooling support in this forum, but to post you must join the corresponding usergroup.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:07 PM   #1
JoyGal
Rose Garden

JoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Herb Fairies

We are going to give this a try, I think it looks great! I have a friend who's done it and loves it too. Registration is only open 5 days a year, it closes on Saturday April 19.

Anyone else try this or want to with me?

http://www.herbfairies.com
This is the miracle of life. ~ Maureen Hawkins

My Hygge Page
JoyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoyGal For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (04-17-2014), MrsDuck (04-19-2014)
Old 04-17-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
BarefootBetsy
Rose Garden

"You are on the path...exactly where you are meant to be."

BarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Herb Fairies

How much does it cost?

Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any views or opinions presented in the above posts are solely those of BarefootBetsy, the GCM member, and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of anyone else in the entire world.
BarefootBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #3
Punkie
Administrator

Punkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond repute

I've signed my girls up. They really want to do it, and I went back and forth about it last year.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootBetsy View Post
How much does it cost?
It is one payment of $97 for the 13 months.

Homeschooling mom to 4, certified herbalist, homesteader, and overly ambitious crafter
Punkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Punkie For This Useful Post:
BarefootBetsy (04-18-2014), JoyGal (04-17-2014)
Old 04-17-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
sweetpeas
Rose Trellis

sweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute

LOOOOVVVEEEE Herb Fairies!!!!!!

We got it the first year it was available, and we're going back through it this year, Lina's on the young side, but listening along this time

Busy Homeschooling Mom to 3 Sweetpeas:
Lexie & Ashlyn 16 yr old twins
and
Lina, 9
Virtual Accountant and Bookkeeper in my "spare time"
sweetpeas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeas For This Useful Post:
Punkie (04-17-2014)
Old 04-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #5
Hopetobe
Rose Garden

Hopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that looks pretty neat. My kids are probably too young for much of it (ds is 3, dd is almost 1), but I'd love to do it in the future. Does anyone know the ages it's designed for, offhand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrea INTP, DYT 4/1
Wife to B ~9yrs
Mom to
E 3yo & L 1yo
10/13/09
Hopetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:47 PM   #6
sweetpeas
Rose Trellis

sweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember what ages, if any, they recommend. Lina just turned 5 and is enjoying the stories. She would have been 3 when we first got it and wasn't interested, but she grew up with me reading to the big girls soo much, it's taking her awhile to realize that some of what I read (or audio books we listen to) might actually be interesting to her too! I think by soon after their 4th birthday, Lexie and Ashlyn would have enjoyed these stories . . . They were 9 the first time we went through it, and LOVED it all . . . but, at least that year, it felt like the stories came out a little too late for us . . . so the first story is about Chickweed, and it was at the end of it's season when we got the first story. This year we're listening to the audiobooks earlier (not sure if that's an option when you first subscribe though? I got it the first year it came out, so we didn't have access to all the books, they added another one in each month) and then the plan was, as soon as we actually found the chickweed in our yard, to revisit the recipes and stuff, but we FINALLY found it this week and we're in the midst of Passover and getting ready to be gone this weekend, so that'll all have to wait till we get home).

and
Lina, 9
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeas For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (04-17-2014), JoyGal (04-17-2014)
Old 04-17-2014, 01:50 PM   #7
JoyGal
Rose Garden

JoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!

They also have a new payment plan of three monthly payments of $37.
This is the miracle of life. ~ Maureen Hawkins

My Hygge Page
JoyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoyGal For This Useful Post:
Punkie (04-17-2014), SillyMommy (04-19-2014)
Old 04-17-2014, 01:50 PM   #8
Punkie
Administrator

Punkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond repute

They're targeted for 5-12, although they said 20% bought it for kids under 5 and 20% bought it for themselves as adults.

Homeschooling mom to 4, certified herbalist, homesteader, and overly ambitious crafter
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Punkie For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (04-17-2014), JoyGal (04-17-2014), tempus vernum (04-17-2014)
Old 04-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #9
Punkie
Administrator

My kids started the first book today. They've already found chickweed in our yard and are starting the recipes. It is really fun.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Punkie For This Useful Post:
Codi (04-19-2014), Hopetobe (04-17-2014), JoyGal (04-17-2014)
Old 04-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #10
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm... We just discussed doing plants and botany this summer

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
JoyGal (04-17-2014)
Old 04-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #11
sweetpeas
Rose Trellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie View Post
My kids started the first book today. They've already found chickweed in our yard and are starting the recipes. It is really fun.
Yay! We're anxiously awaiting the end of Unleavened bread to try the chickweed grilled cheese sandwich recipe, even my "I hate grilled cheese" child, wants to try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post
hmmm... We just discussed doing plants and botany this summer
This would definitely fit in with that!

and
Lina, 9
Old 04-19-2014, 06:32 AM   #12
amanda1
Climbing Rose

amanda1 will become famous soon enough

So glad to see this post. I'm still debating (I have until midnight) whether or not to purchase these books. My kids don't think they'd like it, but they did like the rainbow fairies books we found at the library, and these sound very similar to those, but also include other curriculum options. I would really like for my kids to learn about edible wild plants,and feel this would be an easy way to do it.
Devoted wife, dd#1 - 5/03, missing baby - 2/06, dd#2 - 2/07. I am truly blessed.
amanda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amanda1 For This Useful Post:
JoyGal (04-19-2014)
Old 04-19-2014, 07:40 AM   #13
SillyMommy
Climbing Rose

SillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyGal View Post
Yay!

They also have a new payment plan of three monthly payments of $37.
THANK YOU!! I totally missed that. I am SO doing this!!
and Mommy to R1 (12) T3, R2 (8.6) T4, R3 (6.9) T1 and R4 (13m)
PaperbackSwap | Goodreads

SillyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SillyMommy For This Useful Post:
JoyGal (04-19-2014)
Old 04-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #14
tigerlily
Rose Garden

tigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh, I just don't know.

I could use it as part of our science, but I probably couldn't justify buying anything else for science for the rest of the year.

I told older dd about and she's on board.

Curious if others have printed it -- anybody have info on what the cost was of printing what you wanted per month?

‎"Don't they teach recreational maths anymore?"
~The Doctor
tigerlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:02 PM   #15
MrsDuck
Rose Bouquet

MrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud of

This looks awesome. I think I'll wait until ds2 is a little older, though, so they both get something out of it. It sounds like you get access for one year, right? I'd also love to know about having the books printed if anyone knows. Now how to remember this for next year or the year after....

Blessed to be a Stay at Home-schooling Mama to:
DS1 - Snugglebug - Nov. '08
DS2 - Wiggles - May '12
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDuck For This Useful Post:
BarefootBetsy (04-19-2014)