Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Mothering Thru the Years > Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public* A public forum.
GCM Webpage: Attachment and Natural Parenting

Old 03-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
Teacher Mom
Rose Garden

Teacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Beyond the Sling - Mayim Bialik

The Blossom star, who currently is on Big Bang Theory, did an interview promoting her recent book Beyond The Sling which discusses AP (attachment parenting)

I am sooooooooooooooooooo excited to see a new voice for AP!!! Yay!

Teacher Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beyond the Sling - Mayim Bialik

I recently saw that she'd written this book! YAY!
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
Teacher Mom
Rose Garden

Teacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered it. Can't wait to read it! But I'm also fascinated at her as a celebrity living the ap lifestyle. I hope that more people saw that piece and will consider it too! It was on the Today show I think or maybe CBS? One of them. Hope it reached a whole new bunch of people!

Old 03-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
Carmen
Rose Trellis

Carmen is a splendid one to beholdCarmen is a splendid one to beholdCarmen is a splendid one to beholdCarmen is a splendid one to beholdCarmen is a splendid one to beholdCarmen is a splendid one to beholdCarmen is a splendid one to beholdCarmen is a splendid one to beholdCarmen is a splendid one to behold

I am on the waiting list at the library for this. I was a little excited that there was a waiting list for it! Means I'm not the only one in my county!
DD3 Frankie 2/09
3/12
DS 1/19/13

Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:03 AM   #5
Teacher Mom
Rose Garden

ok. I am reading this book and LOVING IT!!!

Wow!

I feel like so much of it I could have written myself!!! I hope that this reaches out to more an dmore and more families introducing them to gentle discipline and attachment parenting.

Please Lord, I pray!

Old 03-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
Teacher Mom
Rose Garden

ok. somehow I need to get more eyes on this thread

I HIGHLY recommend this book! It shares with the general public what so many of us have learned about and did with attachment parenting styles. It discusses so many of ideas to the main stream.

Please if you get a chance, get this book and enjoy a good read. I saw her in an interview and it cracked me up. She said when she was first meeting parents who practiced attachment parenting, gentle discipline, estended nursing (or even just nursing for that matter), she thought their ideas were out "there" and bizarre. But after seeing how their children were developing and growing, she started thinking that their ideas were not so strange after all.

It is a good read and for many of us, re-enforces what we already believe. But I am in prayer, that it will reach many new and young parents and influence their parenting path.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #7
MercyInDisguise
Rose Garden

The only way we'll last forever is broken together

MercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond repute

I'm reading it right now and loving it! It's taking me forever to get through (not because it's a tough read or anything, life just gets in the way), but I'm really enjoying it. I like how she ties her experience in neurobiology back to AP and how mammals were made to parent this way. She is also very respectful of other choices. DH and I are huge BBT fans, so I have a hard time not picturing her saying things in Amy Farrah Fowler's voice.

Mama to
A 20 months
a little one who will only ever know heaven 8/1/13
MercyInDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MercyInDisguise For This Useful Post:
Aubieirish (03-22-2012), Virginia (04-13-2012)
Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #8
sarahhh1
Rosebud

sarahhh1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reminder, I requested that our library purchase this, and they did, but they didn't give me an option to place a hold on it, so I just did.

I'm really looking forward to reading it.
sarahhh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
Teacher Mom
Rose Garden

I love, love, love her in BBT too!!! That show cracks.me.up.

I started the book on the chapter on elimation. She even says somewhere in there she will probably get some that start with that chapter!!!

I kept reading from that point on because I couldn't put it down and didn't want to move to the beginning. I now need to start from the front of the book.

Seriously. I'm glad that she wrote the book. I only wish, wish, wish that GCM would have been mentioned in the back of the book as a resource. I will actually write her somehow somewhere and ask that it be mentioned in any further publishings.

Because I think GCM is a GREAT resource!!!

Old 03-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
Aubieirish
Deactivated

Mom to Venti, Grande, and Short

Aubieirish has a reputation beyond reputeAubieirish has a reputation beyond reputeAubieirish has a reputation beyond reputeAubieirish has a reputation beyond reputeAubieirish has a reputation beyond reputeAubieirish has a reputation beyond reputeAubieirish has a reputation beyond reputeAubieirish has a reputation beyond reputeAubieirish has a reputation beyond reputeAubieirish has a reputation beyond reputeAubieirish has a reputation beyond repute

I just put a request in for the book via our library. Excited to read it!
Aubieirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
Teacher Mom
Rose Garden

trying to hit some night people

Old 03-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #12
Victorious
Rose Garden

Victorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond repute

There is also a thread in the book forum

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

http://gentlechristianmothers.com/co...d.php?t=441756
Amy (04/26/11)

Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #13
FaithnPraise
Rose Garden

AKA Dr. Duh!

FaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond repute

Just picked up my book from the library today! I put a request in after seeing this thread and it's available! Can't wait to dig into it this weekend
Wife to Mac 6/03 ~ Mama to Faith 4/09 & Praise 7/11
*Team Pee-Free Paws*

Assume positive intent - I'm INTJ Cheeky - yes! Snarky - no!

FaithnPraise is offline   Reply With Quote