Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Mothering Thru the Years > Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public* A public forum.
GCM Webpage: Attachment and Natural Parenting

Old 08-01-2017, 01:54 PM   #31
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions for Potential Pediatrician?

We've always been happy with a provider in solo practice or with just one partner. The times we've gone to a large clinic it's been a less than stellar experience. Our whole family sees the same HCP and it's really wonderful.

Personally, I love a research/teaching hospital when no one can figure out what is wrong. We've had multiple bad experiences in the ER of community hospitals.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (08-01-2017), mamacat (08-02-2017), tempus vernum (08-01-2017), Virginia (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 04:32 PM   #32
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
We've always been happy with a provider in solo practice or with just one partner.

Personally, I love a research/teaching hospital when no one can figure out what is wrong.
and we have two great providers who are solo practitioners. And I have FINALLY gotten accepted into the research facility for my concussions . While they know what's wrong, no one can figure out how to fix my visual perceptive/spatial issues.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (08-01-2017), Llee (08-01-2017), Virginia (08-01-2017)
The Following User Says they are praying for tempus vernum:
Quiteria (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 06:56 PM   #33
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

We have been extremely pleased with our university hospital experiences/children's hospital next door. We often see a resident first and then the expert though. The wait to get in can be really long though.

I want to come back to the vaccine issue. I think it would be really telling to just ask the provider, "how many of your patients decline vaccinations?" Again, just their reaction to the question would be telling. Do they look disgusted when they answer? Do they blame insurance compliance reasons?

Also, I would suggest asking what kind of illness would cause a reason for delaying shots at a visit?

Another question, "how often do you see chicken pox after that shot?" It seems to be the only one I regularly hear about shedding.

I am really sorry if I already suggested these exact questions in an earlier thread. Newborn brain.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
Virginia (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 07:05 PM   #34
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECingMama View Post
We have been extremely pleased with our university hospital experiences/children's hospital next door. We often see a resident first and then the expert though. The wait to get in can be really long though.

I want to come back to the vaccine issue. I think it would be really telling to just ask the provider, "how many of your patients decline vaccinations?" Again, just their reaction to the question would be telling. Do they look disgusted when they answer? Do they blame insurance compliance reasons?

Also, I would suggest asking what kind of illness would cause a reason for delaying shots at a visit?

Another question, "how often do you see chicken pox after that shot?" It seems to be the only one I regularly hear about shedding.

I am really sorry if I already suggested these exact questions in an earlier thread. Newborn brain.

Thanks for your thoughts.

We are personally pro vax, although we respect those who make different choices and support the rights of parents who choose not to vax

My husband is a pharmacist, which I made sure to mention to each ped Super helpful to be married to someone who literally gives vaccines as part of his job. I know vaxing is a big issue here on GCM, but it's not really something I asked peds about beyond delaying Hep B. They were all fine with delaying Hep B We feel good about the ped we chose- she was super pro breastfeeding and a great listener

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Virginia For This Useful Post:
Llee (08-02-2017), MudPies (08-02-2017), tempus vernum (08-02-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 07:19 PM   #35
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
Thanks for your thoughts.

We are personally pro vax, although we respect those who make different choices and support the rights of parents who choose not to vax

My husband is a pharmacist, which I made sure to mention to each ped Super helpful to be married to someone who literally gives vaccines as part of his job. I know vaxing is a big issue here on GCM, but it's not really something I asked peds about beyond delaying Hep B. They were all fine with delaying Hep B We feel good about the ped we chose- she was super pro breastfeeding and a great listener

Sorry if that made it sound like I didn't know that. I remember that you are pro vaccine. My BIL is pharmacist too and their family is not making same decisions as you are. I have several friends who are nurses who don't vaccinate on schedule either (or at all), and they also give vaccine shots. I imagine their decisions are better tolerated though as doctor may assume they are better informed. Don't know.

I don't know who else is following this thread or who will read it in the future. I personally just think this line of questioning is *extremely* useful for interviewing a ped whether or not the parents *plan* to vaccinate.

I am very glad *you* are happy with your choice! I hope you continue to be after baby girl is born!
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:02 PM   #36
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECingMama View Post
Sorry if that made it sound like I didn't know that. I remember that you are pro vaccine. My BIL is pharmacist too and their family is not making same decisions as you are. I have several friends who are nurses who don't vaccinate on schedule either (or at all), and they also give vaccine shots. I imagine their decisions are better tolerated though as doctor may assume they are better informed. Don't know.

I don't know who else is following this thread or who will read it in the future. I personally just think this line of questioning is *extremely* useful for interviewing a ped whether or not the parents *plan* to vaccinate.

I am very glad *you* are happy with your choice! I hope you continue to be after baby girl is born!

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. Sometimes I feel like an oddball out here because we are going to vax and feel pretty strongly about it, which is why I don't really like talking about it here ... I understand it is an important issue to discuss with pediatricians for sure. It must be challenging to find ones who are supportive of parents' choices.

DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:15 PM   #37
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

I do all the required ( but not all the recommended ) vax. I still pushed my ped when looking to find one who was ok with not vaxing because I wanted a Dr who would work with me and not just tell me what to do. The vax question was an easier in to ask to get a call on wheather they would work worth parents who they disagreade with than many of the other picible situations.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
Virginia (08-02-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 04:30 AM   #38
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so glad you found a ped you are happy with

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
Virginia (08-02-2017)