Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* Support and information for those affected by the Ezzos, the Pearls, and other punitive and adversarial methods of child-rearing.
A public forum.
Before posting here, please read this sticky and keep guideline 23 in mind:

23. No posts harshly dissecting parenting moments of others since we desire to humbly cultivate a heart attitude of grace and not judgment towards other mamas. We all struggle at times as parents and have much to learn, and GCM's focus is to provide tools and information for each of us to parent more effectively. Posts voicing some frustration regarding choices made by others can be okay, but it needs to be within the overall context of seeking understanding or ideas for better responses in the future.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:26 AM   #61
allisonintx
Rose Garden

Some Cal/Mag will probably fix that.

allisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has Anyone Read this Blog? Razing Ruth...

I know a lot of mainstream families, strangely enough, in the NE who didn't have huge numbers of children, but did teach them a la Gothard in the 70's and 80's. There are pockets of 'followers' all over the place, in all kinds of denoms, in all kinds of cultural and social climates, all over the US.

It's very UScentric, because they are all about how we will need to be self sufficient once our country 'falls' due to all the sin and the way we've allowed homosexuals and women so much control, like the evil, debauched Europeans....

allisonintx
Wife to Stephen
Mother to Elizabeth 19, Andrew 17, Abigail 14 & Evelyn 12

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the world. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home.
. . . . . . .

allisonintx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to allisonintx For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (03-15-2010), NewLeaf (03-17-2010), Serendipity (03-15-2010), SortaCrunchy (03-15-2010)
Old 03-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #62
movinforward
Rose Trellis

movinforward has a reputation beyond reputemovinforward has a reputation beyond reputemovinforward has a reputation beyond reputemovinforward has a reputation beyond reputemovinforward has a reputation beyond reputemovinforward has a reputation beyond reputemovinforward has a reputation beyond reputemovinforward has a reputation beyond reputemovinforward has a reputation beyond reputemovinforward has a reputation beyond reputemovinforward has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...I just read some of this blog & I feel physically ill. How could people do this to their children? Ugghh! I just don't understand.
movinforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #63
relizabeth
Deactivated

Proverbs are proverbial.

relizabeth has a reputation beyond reputerelizabeth has a reputation beyond reputerelizabeth has a reputation beyond reputerelizabeth has a reputation beyond reputerelizabeth has a reputation beyond reputerelizabeth has a reputation beyond reputerelizabeth has a reputation beyond reputerelizabeth has a reputation beyond reputerelizabeth has a reputation beyond reputerelizabeth has a reputation beyond reputerelizabeth has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, the latest post is really horrifying.

Sensitive.

relizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #64
TuneMyHeart
Rose Garden

Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it. Seal it for Thy courts above.

TuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond repute

I was reading the comments for a while, but I can't handle the ones from her dad.
TuneMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #65
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

"Be just who you're made to be, Poppa is so mighty pleased with thee." -Danielsons

duckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuneMyHeart View Post
I was reading the comments for a while, but I can't handle the ones from her dad.
me neither
duckwithoneleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #66
Serendipity
Deactivated

GCM, thanks for the memories.

Serendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond repute

This is just too much
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #67
allisonintx
Rose Garden

Some Cal/Mag will probably fix that.

allisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond repute

The amazing part about his commentary on her blog is how it just proves the point.

allisonintx
Wife to Stephen
Mother to Elizabeth 19, Andrew 17, Abigail 14 & Evelyn 12

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the world. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home.
. . . . . . .

allisonintx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to allisonintx For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (03-15-2010), NewLeaf (03-17-2010), relizabeth (03-15-2010), SortaCrunchy (03-15-2010)
Old 03-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #68
joshsmom

I found the blog while doing some research on the Gothard movement.

The comments from her dad are almost more disturbing than the posts, but his recent one today on the post about "first time obedience" and the pantry is sickening.

Last edited by joshsmom; 03-15-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #69
Serendipity
Deactivated

GCM, thanks for the memories.

Serendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonintx View Post
The amazing part about his commentary on her blog is how it just proves the point.
indeed
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #70
BlessedBlue
Rose Garden

Have you ever heard a fly roar? Listen carefully!

BlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond repute

It truly begs the question, "what do you do when fear and intimidation no longer serve to keep things under control."

He recognizes that she is no longer under his control. And yet, he has NO OTHER TOOLS in his parenting toolbox other than to continue to try to use fear to intimidate her into submitting. There is no relationship with which to call her back. The longer she is out from under his thumb, the more she will be able to recognize that he has no power over her.

TBH, I am moved to pity for him (this does not mean I excuse his poor behavior, nor the hurt he caused and continues to cause - he does still need to be called to account). He is as trapped in that lifestyle as anyone else. For him, to admit even a fraction of truth is contained in Ruth's blog would mean that his carefully constructed world is based on lies. So right now it's boiling down to who is lying: Ruth vs Dad. He is trapped by his lies, and can't allow any other Truth to exist.

sister to Blue-EyedLady since forever
wife to Trooper (Wounded Warrior) 3-98
Graphics designing sapphiremama to EBug 2-04, ABoo 2-06, and Goggle 8-09

Last edited by BlessedBlue; 03-15-2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: spelling
BlessedBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BlessedBlue For This Useful Post:
domesticzookeeper (03-18-2010), duckwithoneleg (03-15-2010), hopeforchange (03-15-2010), klpmommy (03-18-2010), NewLeaf (03-17-2010), NovelMama (03-16-2010), relizabeth (03-15-2010), SortaCrunchy (03-15-2010), TuneMyHeart (03-15-2010)
Old 03-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #71
TuneMyHeart
Rose Garden

Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it. Seal it for Thy courts above.

TuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond repute

I feel sorry for him too and actually have been praying that God would reveal the truth to him. He's so stuck in this lifestyle.
TuneMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #72
Hermana Linda
Administrator

"air-mannah Leen-dah" it means Sister Linda in Spanish

Hermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know how her father found her blog? I can't imagine that she invited him to read it.

My pages:
Why Not Train A Child? and the FB Page as well as @WhyNotTrain on Twitter
Read about how my husband was Pulled From The River By God
Hermana Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hermana Linda For This Useful Post:
Happygrl (03-16-2010)
Old 03-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #73
3PeasInAPod
Deactivated

3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute

I think she still talks to some of her siblings who may have told the dad??
3PeasInAPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:00 PM   #74
Hermana Linda
Administrator

"air-mannah Leen-dah" it means Sister Linda in Spanish

Hermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, that makes sense.

It's so chilling...

My pages:
Why Not Train A Child? and the FB Page as well as @WhyNotTrain on Twitter
Read about how my husband was Pulled From The River By God
Hermana Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:24 AM   #75
jenny_islander
Rose Trellis

jenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond repute

I've been posting in support. I wasn't raised in a quasi-cult, but some of what she said really resonated with where I remember being as I began my journey of healing. I hope I was able to say something helpful.
Wife to John, December 18, 1999 ~ Mother to Sophia, March 13, 2004 ~ Mother to Eva, June 10, 2006 ~ Mother to Matthew, December 21, 2009 ~ Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will lift me up.
jenny_islander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jenny_islander For This Useful Post:
amyhntr2 (03-16-2010), SortaCrunchy (03-16-2010)