Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* Support and information for those affected by the Ezzos, the Pearls, and other punitive and adversarial methods of child-rearing.
A public forum.
Before posting here, please read this sticky and keep guideline 23 in mind:

23. No posts harshly dissecting parenting moments of others since we desire to humbly cultivate a heart attitude of grace and not judgment towards other mamas. We all struggle at times as parents and have much to learn, and GCM's focus is to provide tools and information for each of us to parent more effectively. Posts voicing some frustration regarding choices made by others can be okay, but it needs to be within the overall context of seeking understanding or ideas for better responses in the future.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:24 AM   #46
DoulaClara
Rose Garden

DoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal complaint released in the Lori/Timothy/Andrea Wick abuse scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
Sure. You'll see on my About Me page that I believe there is a huge link also between a woman's intuition and her obedience with God. When we severe the lines of what God created us to do, we hurt our relationship with Him for sure.
I very, very strongly agree with this! I love the way you worded this. May I share the bolded?
Cook (04-06-2011), Llee (04-06-2011), nadezhda (04-06-2011)
Old 04-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #47
Llee

Dancing stands with all seahorses who are journeying to freedom

Llee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal complaint released in the Lori/Timothy/Andrea Wick abuse scandal

Me too?

Lead the children to see in every pleasant and beautiful thing an expression of God's love for them. Recommend your religion to them by its pleasantness.
Let the law of kindness be in your lips.
~Ellen G. White

Llee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Llee For This Useful Post:
Cook (04-06-2011)
Old 04-06-2011, 06:45 AM   #48
Sparrow
Rose Garden

Immerse your soul in love.

Sparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaK View Post
I'm speechless... well, almost. The part that gave me chills was the father admitting to seeing bruises on the little girl's body, but then he would remember "Jesus died the most horrible death." And?! That is just twisted beyond anything I've ever heard.
This is what sickens me. Jesus died a horrible death, so that we wouldn't have to. Especially so sweet, innocent little children wouldn't have to. When statements like this are made, it twists the sacrifice that was given for us.

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

I'm considering writing to our local Christian book store and asking them not to carry Lori Wick books anymore.

I was speaking with my dad about the store, and he is friendly with the owner. Lately my dad has been reading about pacificism and Christianity. The owner has been showing dad books that he has read that are all anti-corporal punishment (not in kids, in general) that he has read and has enjoyed and dad feels this guy shares his views on the subject.

Now that I think about it, the store is really heavy in books that are recommended here. They even carry Sears.

Mama to:

Bear 16.75 Funny and Tender. Larger than life. ENFP
Max 14 Affectionate and Spirited. Artist
Chickadee 8! She's Sunshine and Song. Born in the caul

We have a fur baby. A cat called Charlie
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sparrow For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (04-06-2011), emerald (04-06-2011), Lily (04-06-2011), Llee (04-06-2011), MercyInDisguise (04-06-2011), nadezhda (04-06-2011)
The Following User Says they are praying for Sparrow:
Cook (04-06-2011)
Old 04-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #49
ShiriChayim
Rose Garden

Rock on!!!

ShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond repute

Reb's blog links to several other news articles on the story that are really illuminating. The initial reports were made by former members who would attend services and noticed the pastor preaching about the "rod" combined with parents removing their children to side rooms and hearing the spankings going on, even the infants.

In one news article the prosecutor is very careful to mention that this is NOT a case of religious freedom, that the Law cannot be broken in the name of God; and I imagine this is why there's such a careful and methodic case being built including the notation of the church's origins and interviewing the former pastor. If these people are going to claim that they are simply being persecuted in the name of their faith, that this other church holds a grudge, or any number of other things the criminal complaint must be clear about who said what and when and why.
: ds15yo- the performer, ds14yo- the gamer, ds 12yo- the adventurer, and dd 10yo-the dynamo
Missing my little Malachi David and Hannah Danielle, in Jesus' arms
Check out my blog

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
*Dr Seuss*

ShiriChayim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ShiriChayim For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (04-06-2011), Cook (04-06-2011), DoulaClara (04-06-2011), Drew (04-07-2011), Lily (04-06-2011), nadezhda (04-06-2011), rjy9343 (04-06-2011), Serafine (04-06-2011), Wonder Woman (04-06-2011), Zooey (04-09-2011)
Old 04-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #50
Cook
Rose Bush

Cook is a glorious beacon of lightCook is a glorious beacon of lightCook is a glorious beacon of lightCook is a glorious beacon of lightCook is a glorious beacon of lightCook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
This is what sickens me. Jesus died a horrible death, so that we wouldn't have to. Especially so sweet, innocent little children wouldn't have to. When statements like this are made, it twists the sacrifice that was given for us.

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

I'm considering writing to our local Christian book store and asking them not to carry Lori Wick books anymore.

I was speaking with my dad about the store, and he is friendly with the owner. Lately my dad has been reading about pacificism and Christianity. The owner has been showing dad books that he has read that are all anti-corporal punishment (not in kids, in general) that he has read and has enjoyed and dad feels this guy shares his views on the subject.

Now that I think about it, the store is really heavy in books that are recommended here. They even carry Sears.
What a great way to make a difference

A career student at
'God Is Still Growing Me' Techincal College
Jointly enrolled at 'Amen To That' University

My husband is active duty Army. We had three kids in thirty one months. Fortunately I've kept them all alive and mostly healthy Even the stressful days are blessings and/or struggles that we've overcome!

The next generation of perpetually in progress humans:
Darrell(Dec2006)
Jonas(April2008)
Katie(July2009)
Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #51
ShiriChayim
Rose Garden

Rock on!!!

ShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond repute

Adding on: this is a copy of ONE of the complaints that have been issued, there are more out there including other parents (elders?) of this church as well as the pastor and his own wife.
: ds15yo- the performer, ds14yo- the gamer, ds 12yo- the adventurer, and dd 10yo-the dynamo
Check out my blog

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
*Dr Seuss*

The Following User Says Thank You to ShiriChayim For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (04-06-2011)
Old 04-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #52
Wonder Woman
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Yep. I'm a 3.

Wonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond repute

Heather, do you have links for those? I'll post them too
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #53
Cook
Rose Bush

Cook is a glorious beacon of lightCook is a glorious beacon of lightCook is a glorious beacon of lightCook is a glorious beacon of lightCook is a glorious beacon of lightCook is a glorious beacon of light

@ LoraLee and DoulaClara: Absolutely!

A career student at

My husband is active duty Army. We had three kids in thirty one months. Fortunately I've kept them all alive and mostly healthy Even the stressful days are blessings and/or struggles that we've overcome!

Darrell(Dec2006)
Jonas(April2008)
Katie(July2009)
The Following User Says Thank You to Cook For This Useful Post:
DoulaClara (04-06-2011)
Old 04-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #54
ShiriChayim
Rose Garden

Rock on!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Woman View Post
Heather, do you have links for those? I'll post them too
I wish! I have no clue where or how you found those. Let me do a little searching and see what I can come up with.
Check out my blog

*Dr Seuss*

Old 04-06-2011, 07:13 AM   #55
Wonder Woman
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Yep. I'm a 3.

Wonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, that was the only one I could find leaked online - I'll dig some more after work today, too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wonder Woman For This Useful Post:
BarefootBetsy (04-06-2011)
Old 04-06-2011, 07:15 AM   #56
Llee

Dancing stands with all seahorses who are journeying to freedom

Llee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@ LoraLee and DoulaClara: Absolutely!

Thank you!

Lead the children to see in every pleasant and beautiful thing an expression of God's love for them. Recommend your religion to them by its pleasantness.
Let the law of kindness be in your lips.
~Ellen G. White

Llee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #57
Wonder Woman
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Yep. I'm a 3.

I just called the courthouse - supposedly they will release them to the public upon request. I'll email today
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wonder Woman For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (04-06-2011), BarefootBetsy (04-06-2011), Drew (04-07-2011), nadezhda (04-06-2011), ShiriChayim (04-06-2011)
Old 04-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #58
Cook
Rose Bush

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/simpleCaseS...F33895.render6

Is this part of how you access these things?

A career student at

Darrell(Dec2006)
Jonas(April2008)
Katie(July2009)
Old 04-06-2011, 07:20 AM   #59
Wonder Woman
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Yep. I'm a 3.

Quote:
http://wcca.wicourts.gov/simpleCaseS...F33895.render6

Is this part of how you access these things?
That county said they don't make them available online
Old 04-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #60
ShiriChayim
Rose Garden

Rock on!!!

Not the criminal complaint but you can search the names of the people who have cases pending against them and get the case numbers and basic details for each person (that is where I went first to check). Reb, I'll be interested to see what you find later on.
Check out my blog

*Dr Seuss*