Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:18 PM   #91
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to join me?

I sanded my cupboards and painted them today. tomorrow is touch up day and peeling up our horrible stick on floor

And my Dh is bringing home a floor from work for us to lay together. to say I’m thrilled is an understatement.

I’m feeling like I’m going in to fall fresh. we start school next week and I actually feel close to ready

I didn’t get to reorganize my bathroom cupboards. But id like to it may have to wait or maybe Dh will notice and do it. I often come home to cleaned out cupboards. But the floor will take everything out of him and I’ve asked him not to do anything else this week so he doesn’t end up in severe pain . I’m hoping he listens but he’s a big boy and will just pay the price if he doesn’t

I may put it on his list. we keep lists for each other now. Things we both prefer to Do it one of us does better <—- that’s a new thing for us

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (08-15-2018), charla (08-14-2018), derdsgirl (08-14-2018), lavenlove (08-16-2018), RiverRock (08-14-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 01:16 PM   #92
CelticJourney
Administrator

CelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to live through you then....so need to replace the floors in the entire house. So not happening any time soon. Enjoy!!!!

"Truth without love is divisive and hurtful & love without truth is anemic"--Pastor Estep

Arise, cry out in the night...pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..; Lamentations 2:19
CelticJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CelticJourney For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 08:42 PM   #93
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Bathroom Floor is done . Dh basically did it while I sat and kept saying “uh I’m not helping”

Dh has to put the toilet back. We have to rehang our cabinet doors and add hardware to the drawers. then the bathroom is done!!!!!

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (08-16-2018), charla (08-15-2018), RiverRock (09-03-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 09:02 PM   #94
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that's awesome!
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (08-15-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 01:34 PM   #95
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure that I ever came back to say that I cleaned one more room, top to bottom. It's the small front entry...but still something.

So today is a holiday, and I need to clean out the garage. It's sunny so I can pull everything outside. I try to hose down the garage when I can get everything out, and it will need to be dry by Wednesday so it can be repainted. Our house is now 18 years old so the doors and trim need a new coating. It was arranged for the middle of the month, but the painter called me two days ago to ask if she can come Wednesday. I'm procrastinating so far, but this is my last free day to get it done.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (09-04-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 03:00 PM   #96
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a big job, RR, but you can do it!

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 09-03-2018, 03:51 PM   #97
RiverRock

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charla View Post
Sounds like a big job, RR, but you can do it!
Thanks Charla. I am just about to load recycling to deliver to the depot. I hope it all fits in one load. There is a lot!
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:47 PM   #98
RiverRock

I only got half the garage done (referring to my previous post in this thead). I just finished listing about half a dozen items on a local bidding site. All of those things are taking space in the garage and need to be gone!
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.

Last edited by RiverRock; 09-21-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #99
charla
Administrator

Great progress, RR! I know that is a huge job.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 09-21-2018, 06:10 PM   #100
RiverRock

It is a huge job.

I washed the front exterior of my house today, and swapped out dying summer plants with fall mums in the front planters.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
charla (09-21-2018)
Old 09-26-2018, 07:48 AM   #101
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I never got back here but I’m still Tweaking my bathroom. The toilet took hours and hours and Dh hurt his back a bit (not horrible but w his spine issues he took a month to recover). So he’s back to hanging my freshly painted cabinet doors. I need to touch them up because they got chipped during hanging . I’m also slowly redecorating

Bathroom
1 touch up Cabinet doors and cabinets (today)
2 replace towel rings (asked for Christmas)- once this happens I want to touch up the walls since I will have to shackle where the old rings are!
3 new bathroom towels
4 decorate - id like one bible verse but I haven’t found the right one

Living room and kitchen
1 paint kitchen crown molding
2 touch up walls
3 hang kitchen decor
4 hang pics of kids in family room
5 kitchen more?
6 living room more?

Next up is upstairs bathroom
1 fix holes in wall from when Dh collapsed and tore t.p. Holder off
2 paint and touch up w old paint
3 new shower curtain
4 new other decor?

I’m hoping to do our room soon but it means all new paint I think!!
1 paint
2 decor?

Projects I’ve done recently
Clean and condition all leather funiture
Clean out Tupperware area (already a mess again)

Finally
1 touch up paint dd2’s room
2 touch up paint ds’ room

Last edited by tempus vernum; 09-26-2018 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:27 AM   #102
charla
Administrator

Wow, you have big projects, Jodi. I'm here cheering you on. You can do it!

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 09-26-2018, 08:49 AM   #103
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by charla View Post
Wow, you have big projects, Jodi. I'm here cheering you on. You can do it!
Thanks charla

I’m moving at a snails pace and hope the bathroom and kitchen are done by Christmas

That’s the entire school year of projects and if I move too slowly I will have to do it next summer

School and work take priority. But I’m recognizing elbow grease and paint go a long long long way even if we cannot replace things.

Oh and Dh wants to bring home a carpet cleaner from work. But that’s him not me so I’m not writing it down

Last edited by tempus vernum; 09-26-2018 at 09:20 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
charla (09-26-2018)