View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #20
made4more
Rose Garden

made4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond reputemade4more has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone go raw? Or done a raw fast?

Poleidopy told me about this thread, and I was excited for my day to end so that i could hop on and say "hi!"

I've been eating a raw diet for about 6 weeks now. I'd say I'm about 98% raw since a few things I consume are heated- like evoo sometimes, sometimes I eat nuts that aren't raw, if I don't have the dough for the raw ones that week, etc.

I did slip up one day and make a vegetarian pizza because the family was having pizza and I wanted melted cheddar cheese SO BAD. It was delicious, but it was NOT worth it, because I was sluggish, foggy headed and depressed for 4 days straight, and it was hard to stay on the path. then I had a grilled cheese on that 4th day and had to journal about it and get my ducks in a row again. I've lost quite a bit of weight. I'm not sure how much, because I've given my scales to my mom.

my fave sites message board is rawfoodtalk.com
my fave site right now for recipes is therawtarian.com (I believe it is) I love her brownies, alfredo sauce, turtles, and... I know I've made more.. Oh, her mac n cheese isn't all that. If you've got a little time, you can watch raw dog rory on youtube, he's got some good stuff. there is a site with recipes that are raw on $10.00 a day or less. love some of her stuff. rawfully organic on youtube is good. I know there are more.

I LOVE Kawanis cheez it recipe- it's my go to recipe when I feel like I might slip up. and I make it other times too. I dont like to let them get all the way dehydrated though, I like them when they are the consistency of fruit rollups.. omw!

I wonder if those of you that didnt love raw recipes were used to eating saltier, more processed foods? I imagine you are already healthier than I was when I started raw, so I doubt that's the case, but it was a thought I had. I suggest to those starting raw, to start with a LOT of fruits and veggies and some nuts and seeds. Eat very simply for that first week or 2, and then start adding in some recipes. your taste buds should be ready for "blander" foods.. (bland to a SAD eater, anyway) when I did raw 4 years ago, i loved the cheez its then also- then when I quit the diet I thought I could still eat htem. it was so bland and gross, and I threw it out.

I make quite a few recipes. a lot of them are 5 or less ingredients. I love that if I want to have cookies for dinner, I can. If I want to eat brownies for breakfast, I can. I don't often, but if I do get cravings for those thigns, I eat them and don't feel guilty. even if i polish them off.. which I never do.

examples of the last few days:
breakfast- "cereal" I poured homemade almond milk over 2 cut up bananas, some blueberries, and a handful of walnuts. (not raw)
2 bananas, a huge bundle of grapes,
kale chips
cookies that I threw together with the almond pulp. (banana, dates, pulp, raw agave, cacao powder, and chia seeds) I give it a 2 out of 5, but I was hungry.

yesterday
pad thai w kelp noodles
1 peach
more pad thai soooo good
watermelonade w mint
5 peaches
a bowl of "turtles"

looking at this, I need to eat a lot more fruit and vegetables and cut out hte sweets. they are just so yummy tho! they are mostly nuts, dates, cacao, coconut.. I mean.. TONS better than I was eating before.

an example of a good day of mine-

green smoothie
lg salad with creamy sesame dressing (omgosh)
banana
"tacos"

anyway- sorry I rambled and talked a lot. I love talking about the raw diet. this is THE ONLY diet for me. at least for losing. I may modify it a little when i hit goal (which is far off), not sure yet. It's really expensive to eat this way. in 2010 I ate raw and worked out for 4 months and lost 60 lbs. raw is awesome!

made4more is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to made4more For This Useful Post:
Dana Joy (07-16-2012), passthemanna (07-17-2012), thrillofhope (07-17-2012)

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.06523 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,981KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below