View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 08:27 AM   #6
Lady Grey
Rose Garden

Lady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husqvarna Viking Sewing Machines

That's what my mom has, as she sews/quilts a lot. In her opinion, Brother currently performs better than Singer in the low cost category. If you want to invest in a higher quality machine, then HV, Janome and Babylock are good. (There are others too, just can't remember them all right now.) I like the option of a local store for repairs/support. (Shipping a sewing machine off for repairs does not appeal to me, though I know people do it.)

I bought a low cost Brother last year and so far it has been great. I would like to invest in something nicer, but at the time I didn't have enough sewing experience to know what features were important to me. My mom's HV is at least 20 years old and starting to wear down. I think she is looking at Babylock for her next machine. (She still likes HV's, but Babylock is the popular machine in her quilt guild I think.)
Lady Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lady Grey For This Useful Post:
AngelaVA (06-17-2017), ECingMama (08-18-2017), Llee (06-17-2017), Quiteria (08-18-2017)