View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 08:56 PM   #68
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bentonite Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaTiger
I wish I could find a place that sells this in town. I think I need this bad. I've got some sort of skin issue going on and I feel like the clay would really help. But I don't have a card so I can't purchase anything online.
I bet if you called the company then asked about sending a money order from the post office or cashiers check from your bank they might take it. Money's money 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama
We are trying to use it on Alyssa's blackheads and breakouts and so far it's not doing anything but we are still working on it .....
I was kind of experimenting tonight and I thought about her. I like using peppermint bronners a lot and whenever im googling I always read raves about how good it works on breakouts. Im not sure if it is the bar or the liquid or both. But I have some baby bronners that I fill my foaming soap pumps with. I got to thinking about using the pump to make the liquid bronners foamy and adding distilled clay water to it. The texture was fantastic. Doing that with peppermint and clay couldnt hurt? Just a thought I had tonight. 

Jen-I would love to hear more about your mom and how and what she did with clay! Im a details kind of person, you cant ever give me to much info

Cant seem to find Marcella's post to quote? But the tightening feeling is totally normal. I use to use a different clay that felt much more than the one I am using now. They even advertise about the "tingle", it was a bit more than a tingle for me though  But I dont get it with the clay I use now unless I put it on a large mole(tmi sorry). Some feel it on scars. I think I posted a reply about that here somewhere from the distributor I use
This is getting kind of hard to keep up with

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama
I have questions - quite a few of them

1.  what are the benefits of foot soak vs bath vs clay on feet for detox
2.  how do you do the clay on feet detox - I keep picturing myself trying to walk on clay feet to bed
3.  did you post the recipe for brownies somewhere on here (maybe I am missing it in this ever lengthening thread
4.  can you explain more about the "full strength" bath - how much do you put in there for kids?  Can Savana (2.5) and Luke (6) do it together - they like to bathe together?
5.  what have you heard about adhd/autism and clay?  If so, do you have links? I talked to a guy on the phone that I ordered my water machine from and he had a lot to say about this when he heard we are also detoxing Luke with clay. 
6.  what are other ways of consuming it internally besides the brownies and drinking clay in a beverage (I will definitely try juice, lemon juice and letting it sit )
I wish I knew more about the differences and how it effects the body. Im planning on buying a book about clay as soon as I have some extra cash. In the meantime, googling on all the clay sites and asking Carol at earthslivingclay is where I have been able to gather the info that I am kind of mentally logging. I really wish I knew more.
From just what I have noticed with our bodies reactions though:

1. Foot soak/bath/clay on feet are just different in what we are trying to accomplish. I do foot soaks when my ankles swell from pregnancy. Clay is really good for taking the swelling down for insect bites too though. Not just the kind of swelling I have. Cant really say why I havent learned that yet. yet......
I usually just do my foot soak by putting my feet in the kids' bath. I give them baths because they have symptoms over their body that would be sitting in the water, rather than rubbing a layer all over. But if they have just one area break out I put it on that area if a bath isnt practicle at the time. But a full bath pulls toxins from the entire body rather than just from the feet, like clay on the feet would. We release toxins from all over our body, more noticeable areas are the scalp, armpits, back, ears, and feet, to name a few places. And of course, the clay on the feet works on the same premise as the foot detox pads that are sold. I havent done any reading on exactly how and why it works though.

2. I havent read how other people use it on their feet. For me, I apply a paste. I would cover even the heels and ankles because for me, I can see and feel toxins released from the back and side of my ankles. Cover with plastic or just put them on a towel. Then when you want to wash it off. Keep the towels or plastic wrapped around to get to the tub. Or I guess one could just slather it on sitting on the edge of the tub, read a book or something, then wash it off. 
If you wanted to leave it on overnight I would think putting socks over or some kind of bandage, even old pillow cases secured on would work really good. I have to say though, I havent felt or seen the need to leave it on that long since we take clay internally.
It works best if allowed to work slowly and surely overtime. It'll work the other way but to get the most out of it, it has to be done over time. Remember, mostly everything that clay heals starts in the gut/digestive. Kind of like a pipe. Its better to clean from the starting end out, rather than try to clean from the end up, kwim? The stomach is the starting point. The feet, the skin, all that is just a result of the starting point getting overloaded.

3. I mentioned it could be put in brownies in passing. The recipe is on aboutclay.com

4. The pamphlet I got with my clay said something like 1 or 2 cups in the bath. Didnt specifiy if it was for adults or children. I have only used it that strength a couple of times in the beginning. Since we keep up with it internally I wouldnt go that strong again unless we were having a flare up of some kind. Or if we were sick.
Older dd (6 yrs) just tonight told me she felt a little achy after her clay bath. One of the signs if someone stays to long in a detox bath. But since I only put a light sprinkle in, I think her system is clearing enough that even with a light sprinkle of clay I need to take her out after 20 minutes.
But ds (4yrs), who has the worst eczema, is still wanting to stay in his light bath and says how "comfy" he feels from the bath. But my youngest who is 2, I do light baths only for 10 minutes tops. And only if she needs not.
If 20 minutes is max for detoxing full strength for adults, I would think the amount and the time for children would have to .be done on an individuals needs and bodies reaction/sensitivity to things
More than one person can use the same bath. But how much and how long depends on each individual.
I started my kids out all in the same bath. No longer than 20 minutes the first time. They did all did fine. But they were needing a good detox. Gut, allergies, eczema, parasites. Every child should be regularly cleansed of these things. Especially in America, but thats another topic, one that I feel most strongly about

5. I first read a testimony from an aunt who noticed a difference with her autistic nephew. I knew already that there are common problems found in children with ASD that could be relieved by using clay. Like metal detoxing,things like viruses in the gut, flora imbalance, things like that. So I made a mental note but I first bought the clay solely for cleansing purposes, so I moved on with my reading. Then after chit chatting and trying to absorb all the info from Carol she mentioned in passing the new studies being done on autistic children with clay. They are pretty recent though.
But the cleansing has been so effective I have noticed a big change with my own kids already. They are undiagnosed(by choice) but have had very distinct ASD symptoms since birth(for lack of a better wording).
Im careful not to say its all about the clay though. But clay is definatley a part of the equation for my children.
Im sure if I asked Carol for more details she would happily give them. Or I could google a bit if the studies arent too new. 

6. Again, Carol sent me some recipes along with my clay. She mentioned quite a few ways over the phone too. Hot sauce, quacamole, muffins, smoothies, juice, brownies, those are the ones I can remember. I have the brownie recipe, a muffin one, and I think the quacamole. Smoothies are simple. You just add the hydrated clay (prepared for external use) in the glass with a plastic spoon.
Basically, you just keep it from coming into contact with metal. The only thing im not sure why, is why it can be baked into the brownies or muffins in metal 
Oh, and if you put it in juice and you have let the hydrated clay sit. It will sort of thicken the juice a bit. It doesnt change the taste but it isnt the same watery juice. Hard to explain. Thats why I rather put it in a smoothie. Because smoothies have a thick consistency anyway.
Same with cocoa or chocolate milk.

Well, I hope I havent made a jumbled mess of my reply.
I look forward to hearing from others as well. I just cant seem to get info enough about clay or have enough time to learn all I wish I could  Like Nicole said, "I just have to spread the word" 

Eta: spaces for easier reading.....and the stalker becomes the stalked
me is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.17781 seconds
  • Memory Usage 7,010KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end