View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blissed out in the January sun

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fermentation support thread :D

I think we need one of these, and save up all the fermentation wisdom in one place

So, here's my question: you know how nourishing traditions always says to put some whey , like a Tbsp or two, and if not, add another Tbsp of salt. I don't like my ferments too salty though! I make half-salt pickles and they are wonderful! Although a little fragile. For most recipes adding another whole Tbsp of salt DOUBLES the salt for the ferment, that's a lot. What dairy-free spike can we use? Raw ACV? non-dairy kefir?
my belongs to the babywearing 'Architect'
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

DancingWithElves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DancingWithElves For This Useful Post:
curlymopmom (07-09-2011), Soliloquy (07-05-2011)