View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 09:44 AM   #4
SewingGreenMama
Rose Trellis

Deuteronomy 11:19

SewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hair cuts are causing so much stress

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjy9343 View Post
Can you take them to a beauty school? It would be money, but it would get their haircuts at the same time and then you could deal with the baths without the hair cleanup.
We used to, the closest is an hour's drive, I can't afford the places around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjy9343 View Post
If that's not a possibility, then I would deal with M first and have G clean up the hair while you bathe M. Take G with you if needed. I would also sweeten the pot and offer some sort of reward for his help. You know your son's currency, so I would do that and add more to it the more help he gives. Ivy gets extra privileges as well as spending money so I can get other things done and it's the only way I can make it through the day sometimes.

Then V and again, G cleans up while you bathe V. Then G and you clean up while G bathes.

The mess is something I totally understand, I shut down with that kind of thing as well and really struggle with it.
This sounds like something that would work. Thank you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingJuniper View Post
I ask these questions very gently because you do seem really overwhelmed.
Why do they need cuts twice a month?
Why do they require baths immediately after?

Why I’m asking is my son could not handle getting his hair cut that frequently and he couldn’t stand it touching his ears when he was younger so we went really really short when he was under ten years old to stretch out the need for a cut.

If you went somewhere to get a hair cut would you immediately come home to bathe?

The set up Hubs used when he would cut my son’s hair was a big old towel on the floor for DS to stand on and catch the hair, a barber shop drape to cover his body. DS couldn’t handle the feel of it at his neck so he cut an old T-shirt to fold over the drapes itchy collar. He also didn’t wear a shirt under it. Hubs uses a big soft make up brush to dust off any stray cut hairs that might have gotten under the drape.
Twice a month usually best because hair washing with my younger two is a HUGE ordeal if their hair is too long to just wash with a wash cloth. Washing during baths is already a really huge issue, cutting hair more often makes the more regular baths much less stressful for everyone.

Bath immediately after:
M- sensory issues, even just the cut hair on his head and falling onto his neck is an issue that will bring a melt down if it's not washed off ASAP.
V- he will and has gotten hair EVERYWHERE and that sets off my anxiety bad, so *I* need him to bathe immediately more then he needs to be bathed immediately.

When we have gone to the school when we used to live close to it we had to get home and bath M immediately and still the wait made the baths worse then they are now because he had to wait even that long to wash the hair off really messed with him.

I am going to be getting a hair dresser apron for myself which will help with my clothes and my own sensory issues, which are usually minor but the boys hair on me is one of my few major triggers.
I'm going to get a cape for the boys, mostly my oldest, keep from getting hair on his clothes, he won't need to shower till later unlike the younger two. But these have to wait another week. Money has been so tight I haven't been able to get the stuff I need to do this better, we had more money last spring, this summer was easy then we lived with my mom for 3.5 months because pregnancy complications, and she took over hair cuts and clean up and bathing V, I just did the bathing for M who wouldn't let Mom bathe him. But now we are home I'm on my own and so stressed.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"If punishment were necessarily reformative, and able to cure us all of those 'sins we have a mind to,' why, the world would be a very good world;" -Charlotte Mason, Parents and Children pg. 172

W&C 8/4/06; G 15yo , M 11yo , S 8/29/13 , V 8yo , Baby 2yo
SewingGreenMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SewingGreenMama For This Useful Post:
WanderingJuniper (02-22-2020)

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.05147 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,991KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end