View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 10:35 PM   #4
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: behavioral modification thoughts?

Okay let me tell you my story I was born with an under developed bladder so not only was training difficult but I suffered from tons of serious bladder infections one that lead to surgury and another that nearly killed me. Sadly though it was still the years that wetting past a certain age was considered a behavioral issue and the fact my parts (for the most part) had "successfully" day time trained me early (18 months) the fact I had night accidents or naptime ect was something they refused to accept. So they took away toys privledges they scolded they spanked they with held liquids and foods they tried home remidies (honey and others) they tried medicine and NONE of it worked if anything it got worse. The only thing it acomplished was I was terrified of waking up wet I'd not sleep in my bed or sleep at all wheen things got bad and I was sure I was the only one with this problem. It was sooo frustrating because I couldn't do a darn thing about it. They minus well beat me because I kept waking up with blue eyes or something and even they I could of gotten contacts with this nothing.. I was well into my JR high years and still had issues, they did eventually back off but still thought it was my choice my stubborness. (yea a 12 year old wants to be doing that ) Then my 8th grade year it suddenly stopped I woke up dry again and again nothing changed except I was growing and my body finially caught up with itself. No majic tonics no threats or rewards. For over a decade I endured every method avaiable and then some, when my body was ready it stopped not one second sooner.
As for my own DD shes 3 (37 months) were just NOW starting to gently take the steps. WHy do I feel shes "ready" (and didn't just a month ago) she stays dry for a few hours at a time just a month ago she was still wetting every 30 mintues she can name parts and tell us the "function" of those parts (in toddler lingo) she can manpulate her clothes and safely sit on the toliet shes not scared to try. So far I've just been taking her to the potty tons and changing a lot of trainers I've still not caught a pee but I have a feeling when we do she'll see the connection if not then well just keep going no biggie.

Deanna

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.04574 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,959KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo