View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 04:59 PM   #37
J3K
Deactivated

Hi ! I'm Myrtle. I like to pretend I'm an R.O.U.S.

J3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Death linked to Pearls' advice--sensitive

Dear Heavenly Father ,
I am physically ill at the thought of this sweet child dying such a cruel death. I find myself being judgemental towards the mother. I find myself thinking violent thoughts and wishing the mother ill-will. I find myself looking for a millstone to tie around her scrawny little neck. I find myself smiling at the thought of her drowing with that millstone around her neck. I find myself saying "it would serve her right". Lord I know that is destructive to MY mental health. Lord I know that any punishment you see fit to deliver to her will be more than enough. Lord I also know that if she falls to her knees in forgiveness , that you will show grace and mercy upon her soul. Lord Jesus give me the strength and mercy to pray for this fallen mother. She desperately needs you Lord , but right now , I cannot help my ill thoughts. I am overcome with them.

Please Lord help me to put this situation away from me. Help me to find the balance between compassion and not dwelling on it. Lord I also ask that you take these horrible thoughts of the mother and create in me a place where I can go for peace. Lord I want to pray for all the mothers and fathers out there who are beating their children under the assumption it's the "right thing" to do. Lord I want for you to use this senseless death of an innocent child and turn to use it for good. I know my wants and your will don't always match up. Lord if there is something more specific I can do to show other parents that the Pearls and Ezzos of the world are misguided...Lord place that something specific on my heart and enable me to spread the word. Allow me to be non-judgemental.

You are Sovereign , You know all...I might never know why you allowed such a thing to happen. I pray something good ,somewhere in the world , comes out of this. It's so hard for me to process such violent deaths in such small children at the hands of their parents. I simply don't get it. And Lord I know that YOU do get it...let that be enough for me. I want to thank you Lord for giving me the tools to raise my children with grace and mercy. Thank you for showing me that spanking wasn't working. Thank you Lord for taking me from an angry spanking mother with a me vs. them mindset , to a loving caring mother who embraces that her children are different.

Lord I pray for peace for the remaining siblings. They must be going thru so much right now. I pray for the friends and family of that small boy. Knowing he's in your arms right now Lord , knowing he's at peace and not in mental and physical pain anymore , God it brings me such comfort. Help me please with these confusing thoughts. Help me to move on with my day , my week, Not in a callous way , but in a healthy way.

I also pray Lord for continued strength in raising these precious children you have given me. Give me courage to do the right thing , give me strength to lead them , give me peace when I'm angry and allow my kids to see you thru me. Please use me in that manner Lord.

And always, It's your greater will that needs to be done , not my wants. Allow me the wisdom to see the difference when things don't work out the way I think they should.

It's in your son's holy name I pray these things ,
Amen

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.05179 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,954KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end