View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #216
PaleBlue

Default Re: Mamas that are "Messies" Support Thread

I need to declutter so badly right now. We might be moving and this is my chance- my chance to leave it behind and start anew! Right now our house is one story, 1500 square feet and we bought it as our first home. Now we have a 3 year old....plus more furniture and household goods acquired....and another baby on the way, and we have outgrown this house. My husband may be changing jobs and if so we will be moving to the coast and building a house. We've been looking at models . We'll be able to build a much nicer one because he has land there to put up for financing already so when we sell this house, we can put all our money into the actual building and not land too.

This house is just....stuffed. Counters, drawers, closets. It's depressing. I've been lurking here and trying to do a flylady type thing but it just doesn't seem to put a dent in it. Every little bit helps I guess but I'm getting desperate- being pregnant, it's almost to where I can't bend over comfortably anymore so if it's not done soon I won't feel like it. It seems like everyone else just trashes the house while I don't feel like scrubbing anymore.

The huge problem is we don't have a basement or walk-in attic so we don't have any room to STORE things, which would help immensely. We have 3 bedrooms, only 1 walk-in closet, kitchen, living room, dining room master bath, second bath and...that's it. We're crammed.

We can't even turn our second bedroom into a nursery unless we get rid of the treadmill, desk and computer (and just use our wireless/laptops, no desk), and 3 large bookshelves because we have NOWHERE else to put them and I am really dpressed about not being able to do a nursery, this might be my last baby.

I can't part with the treadmill! I will need it. There aren't a lot of good places to walk around here plus it's been 100 degrees, and I bought a really nice treadmill when I was working. It was several thousand dollars, I NEVER make purchases like this, ever. We are on a tight budget and this was a treat for myself when I was working and could afford it, to help me get and stay fit. We can't get rid of all that furniture, my husband is unwilling to store it- it will easily fit in the new house if we are able to move in a couple of months, but if not, we have no choice to make a nursery here unless we just give all that away, this house is too tiny. I'm sad...I can part with the desk, I can't part with all of my books, and I need the treadmill. It just won't fit in the living room or bedroom without sticking out in the way.

So I'm stressed about decluttering as well as just being crammed into a too-small, cluttered, house.

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.04989 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,925KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below