View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
HadassahSukkot
Deactivated

being oppressed means the absence of choices - bell hooks

HadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 month old puppy scared of other dogs

Unfortunately there is no yard to run in + fencing (unless our downstairs neighbors are OK with me letting her run some in the mornings when they aren't home) that would be protected enough. Our leash laws require us to have her on leash at all times when she's out, except at dog parks, behind fences or land marked dogs allowed off leash.

I haven't found a dog park so far closer than Frankfurt am Main. The closest thing to that which I can find is our Dog Sport Club and you have to join (€!), go through training classes (€!) and then you go on certain days to do either agility or hunting dog training. I'm thinking it over but I don't know when we will have expendable income.

I'd love to get together more with the breeder. Problem: Smoker and I'm highly allergic. I had to turn down her last get together for her ladies & cavaliers meal due to having just too much to do and I was overwhelmed entirely. (Passover prep, family issues etc.) I will definitely do my best to go next time.

I will keep trying to make contact with people I come across that live near us with dogs. I would have thought that more of the moms at kindergarten would have struck up convo/asked more info and so forth, but it's like I'm still the hot potato everyone's wary of touching for whatever strange reason. I have three moms that will very infrequently chat with me just a bit. It's not that I don't try really. I'm just the outsider and most everyone grew up together or knows each other due to their kids being in the same sport groups.

Ya'll could be right about it being age. The breeder did mention she'd never been on walks with her and to start slow so we have. That could be a good bit of it.

We take her on Sunday for dinner, so that should be interesting. I've only done that once since we only have two places we can go really. Our other place is a Turkish restaurant and doggies are a major no-no. Once we start being able to loosen our belts a bit, I can try taking her on short trips on the bus, train and going to get Italian ice cream. I haven't really taken her to that side of the village yet.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

did find this, but still not closer than the other really. There's one near the city where DH works and not far from my 2nd favorite 2nd hand store.
HadassahSukkot is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.24830 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,956KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo