Thread: Bentonite Clay
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #26
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bentonite Clay

If you speak with Carol at livingclay that I referred to earlier she has more info on the recent studies being done on its effect on autism.
Personally speaking. Since it removes things like metals, and viruses it is very effective at absorbing and eventually removing toxins that are commonly found in children with asd. Specifically, for our nickel allergy it is amazing! We can now eat beans cooked in a metal pan. And I can eat with metal untensils sparingly. Havent been brave enough to totally ditch the plastic. I have the allergy but it does such a good job clearing it away so fast that I dont get the reaction.
And for my son. Im not sure if it is coincidence or timing or a combination of things but he has made a major jump in his preschool lessons that we do at home.
My undiagnosed(by choice) children are high functioning. I havent noticed to much difference as far as schooling with my 6yr old (maybe with her mathmatics but not certain). My son who is 4 didnt want anything to do with tracing before. He use to want to stick with answers that involved drawing a line to the correct one, and things that required circling the right answer. Now he traces numbers and the alphabet. He seems like he can settle himself better to concentrate on those things that require smaller movement. He could always do it before but only with things that highly interested him. Like untying tiny knots or making tiny markings for the picture he was drawing. Its hard to explain but since I homeschool them I noticed how it was overnight that he just started doing it. Kind of like, a child who says the alphabet one at a time and refuses to sing the whole song. Then one day starts singing it backwards. Makes you wonder what clicked in their head that caused the sudden shift.
I didnt put this as one of my uses because I didnt purchase it for this reason and it is speculative. But since you asked. And not only might the detoxing of metal be the difference but there is also the fact that it clears the bowels out. I have read that some children with autism are found to have toxins in the gut from vaccinations. If it can clean out metals, chemicals,parasites,and pathogenic viruses, theres no telling what else it gets out.
"Bentonite can absorb pathogenic viruses, aflatoxin (a mold), and pesticides and herbicides including Paraquat and Roundup. The clay is eventually eliminated from the body with the toxins bound to its multiple surfaces."
Source:
The Canadian Journal of Microbiology (31 [1985], 50-53)
Sound like a thorough cleaning to me though.

I wish I knew more about MRSA and how it originates in the body. However, since its safe to say it is an infection. The gastrointestinal tract is a huge part of the immune system. It would certainly help his body fight an infection. But thats all I could logically say.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9684259
Based on the above, I would think that the cleansing properties of clay would take what probiotics do a step even further. Rather than just supplement the gut with what it is lacking. Why not cleanse it so that the appropriate nutrients can be utilized and begin to maintain its own God given balance rather than supplementing to achieve a balance that cant be subscribed to an exact amount for that particular person.
Not saying probiotics are a bad thing. We have taken them here and will take them.

I know kind of out there but hey, thats just "me".
me is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.05424 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,959KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo