View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 04:06 AM   #12
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Loosing the cloth love

Im already using my receiving blankets as flats so I know they don't repelling and haven't been a washed with softener or anything I'm at my mom's today so we're going to experiment. Wish me luck!

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

I spent 10minutes writing a detailed reply to Erin and Sammy just headbutted my phone in temper over a toy train and deleted the lot

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerynne View Post
Does he poop at the same time each day? If so I would consider a disposable diaper when you think he's going to poop.

Wool covers are good for heavy wetters. They are expensive to buy but you can also make them out of thrifted wool sweaters.

It doesn't have to be cloth OR disposable- maybe there is a combination that will work well for you. You could even put a cloth diaper (no cover) IN a disposable diaper and try to change it soon enough to reuse the disposable but if not then oh well.

Are you just too tired to change him every hour? Or just emotionally difficult for you to deal with the fighting? Can dh do it when he's home (or every other change so that between the two of you it's every hour)?

Can you use a distraction while you change him? Something else he doesn't get any other time? Does he do better with pull-up changing standing up? (like if there isn't poop, I mean). If so you could get cloth pull-ups.
He always poops after breakfast. Some days that's it, but some days he will poop 2-3 more times randomly through the day.

I adore our wool covers but I don't currently have anything to put underneath that won't fall down.

The changing every hour thing is multifaceted. Im so tired I'm struggling to keep up with my normal responsibilities. From the point I start to set out the stuff I need and chase him round the house to be able to change him, then spend 10minutes wrestling with him to get him clean, dry and put back together again, then rest to gain the strength/momentum to get back off the floor to traipse to the bathroom to deal with the nappy, it's probably been 15-20minutes. Then I have to rest because my pelvis hurts from the whole circus and being on the floor. Then I pick something off the list to do, blink, and I have to start all over again. Between school, chores, food prep, 2 kids and a dog who has taken to chewing up everything she can reach, I'm at my limit physically and mentally. DH is home for maybe 2 hours of Sammy's awake time 5 days a week and is gone half of Saturday too.

Anything you hand him during a change gets thrown at your head, unless it's chocolate If I sing he just screams at me to shush. There arent many cloth pull ups in the UK and the ones I can find don't have great absorbancy reviews.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

If I can sew fleece soakers easily enough I bet it wouldn't be too complicated a process to add absorbency and make my own pull ups

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Always missing my 5 9/10-1/12
My new venture! www.facebook.com/dizzyknits

Earthmummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.07383 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,975KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)