View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 12:52 PM   #24
waremock

Default Re: Home-keeping Schedules

No set schedule here but my house is always presentable no matter thou I'm the type who straightens/cleans as I go or as the mess occurs... I'm up at about 5-6am..I have a a quiet devotion bible time and (everyone else is still sleeping except me my 4 month dd) an hour later dh awakes and does his devotion and plays with 4 month dd while I have breakfast and get breakfast ready for my 2 oldest. I shower if I have not done so the previous night. I load the dishwasher or do laundry (if it needs it) sometimes yes sometimes no. I love my (Relaxed non stressful home setting ) 8am my 2 oldest wake up (on there own if they went to bed by 9pm the previous night) they sleep in til 9am if they went to be at 10-11pm the previous night..... and eat breakfast/talk, brush there teeth and then play for a while. 9am ds wakes up and he watches his bible sing along video while he eats his breakfast in the living room! By 10am I'm doing school with my 2 older dd's and by now my 4 month dd is napping for 2-3 hours. My ds is playing and running around the house wildly!! By 1-2pm we are done with school for the time being.. ds is down for his 3-4 hour stretch nap. dd is awake and the older girls play with her so I can have free time. or if they want to play by themselves..dd is with me having free time by 4pm I'm calling dh at work asking him what he wants for dinner or if he wants to eat out/order in? If he wants me to cook ..then I de-thaw whatever it is and get busy..he gets home at 5:30pm and he eats with me...More then not..my 2 older dd's have already eaten by the time dh gets home.They eat whatever they want within reason....soup,salad,mac-cheese,fruit platter,rice,waffles,oatmeal..all depends what they ask for...They are very fond of breakfast type meals so sometimes do waffles/eggs and oatmeal all in the same day. They do not like to eat meat all that much...with exception of beef stew (spanish style) My dh is a meat and potatoes type of guy. 6pm everyone is up and we are all having family time in the living room. I sit down for about an hour to join in the conversation or board games etc...and then I'm up seeing if there is now dishes/laundry to do.. my 2 oldest dd's are in charge of drying the laundry and putting it away..also the empty the dishwasher and I restock of need be.. Somewhere threw out the day I whip my cordless full size vac out and run it threw each room of where ever ds has smashed his Ritz crackers and cherries He pretty much eats on the go every meal/snack.. (long story but 3 weeks ago he had a very bad scary fall back in his high chair and I have been unable to get myself to put him back in it since then I did not even post about it because it was just to sad to talk about at the time......ok, 8pm dh takes over the tv with all those (reality programs and some show called 24 that he won't even think about missing ) I'm not too much of a TV bug anymore..(I'd rather be here at GCM frankly) I do enjoy the occasional Lifetime movie thou There was a good one on last night at 8 in fact!! ok, so 8pm we sometimes do more school for an hour if the girls want too..Generally they ask to do more ds goes to sleep at 9pm (unless he had more then one nap which he does about once every couple weeks)in which then he's waking up at 8pm and goes back down at 11pm....my girls go to bed whenever he does.. sometimes 9 sometimes 10-11....dh likes all the kiddos in bed at the same time so then we can have some quiet time together

Well, that is it...everything is subject to chance at a moments notice...if it snows like crazy, I surprise the girls with a snow day and they spend the whole entire day in the backyard which is a hill and sled the day away!! Dh once in a while surprises us and comes home early and we all go out to lunch/shopping..I would not even think of changing the way things work around here. In my eyes it's pretty close to perfect. ~Michelle

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.06359 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,934KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below