View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 11:57 AM   #4
Maedchen
Rose Trellis

Maedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family friendly vegan gluten free meals

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudPies View Post

Vegan snacks are easy. Any kind of nuts or veggies. Many granola bars are vegan. Oreos are actually vegan (but not GF) .

Glutino has a chocolate sandwich cookie that is also DF/GF (MiDel also sells a GF version, but I am not sure if it is DF, It has been years since my local stores have sold that brand..... )

The Glutino are at my local WalMart grocery and local Publix Grocery stores. They aren't cheap, but they are safe.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

If you are wanting something super quick like Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich or crackers, you do have the option of the nut free butters made from Sunflower seeds (Sun Butter is sold online and I think I have found it or the soybean version at Target.)

Vitacost and if you have a membership to THrive Market online (you can order 1 x without membership to give them a try) they sell a good many things that are GF and DF.

If you are okay with soy, there is a Mac and Cheese version put out by Daiya. My daughter uses that a lot. THey have a CHeddar, Alfredo version and one with tiny carrots and peas in the mix.

I believe it is at Thrive Market they sell a box for about $6 that is just the bags of 'cheese' sauces so you can put it over your veggies or casseroles at home. They even have a spicy version for Mexican cooking.

They also have Amy's soups which many are vegan and GF/DF. There is a French veggie soup that is really good and spicy (not hot, but full with a more homemade taste). They also have a Southwestern soup that is full bodied in flavor.

If you are wanting easy foods with not much prep, I send my daughter in CA a box from either of these two sites that has food in pouches for ease of carry and easy to microwave. (They have pouches of cooked rice and beans.)

Are you doing eggs? If so, frittata can have a bag of chopped cabbage, a spring onion and eggs and that is pretty good.

Easy prep for Asian cooking, a handful of veggies out of various frozen veggies.

If you don't have time to prep, they now even sell Riced Cauliflower and other veggies at my local Grocery and I have seen them in WalMart Grocery store.

Our local WaMart sells an Amy's Tofu breakfast GF/DF burrito and they also sell the GF/DF Daiya veggie Pizza.

I watch several Vegan cooks on Youtube to get ideas for my daughter's foods. If you want the 'feel' of meat and a taste that is like meat, JackFruit is now becoming more popular and it is in some local stores and limited at the sites I listed above.

I have also found Beyond Meat in 1lb packages or as patties at Sprouts and Publix. (They are also selling sausages now, but I have not tried them.) For those I made them up just like I would a meat casserole or meatloaf with less cooking time.) This also makes a really good 'beef spaghetti' It has the feel of ground beef and I actually prefer it because it is made with mushroom it has a deep full flavor.

Last edited by Maedchen; 02-02-2020 at 12:02 PM. Reason: fat fingers on the keyboard. :)
Maedchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maedchen For This Useful Post:
WanderingJuniper (02-02-2020)

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.08131 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,976KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start