View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 05:05 PM   #31
reneandbaby
Rose Garden

reneandbaby has a reputation beyond reputereneandbaby has a reputation beyond reputereneandbaby has a reputation beyond reputereneandbaby has a reputation beyond reputereneandbaby has a reputation beyond reputereneandbaby has a reputation beyond reputereneandbaby has a reputation beyond reputereneandbaby has a reputation beyond reputereneandbaby has a reputation beyond reputereneandbaby has a reputation beyond reputereneandbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3-Step, No-Bake, DF Chocolatey Delight

I do this with a pie crust I make out of almond flour, but slightly different:

c can of unsweetened coconut milk
pinch of sea salt

1/4 of arrowroot powder
2 tablespoons of vanilla
2 cups of dark chocolate chunks

I reserve 1/4 cup of the coconut milk and bring the rest to a boil, along with the salt. Whisk it for a few minutes and then put it to a simmer.

I dissolve the arrowroot in the rest of the coconut milk, and it makes a thick paste. I add it to the simmering coconut milk until it thickens. Then I add in the vanilla, cool for a few minutes and then add the chocolate and stir until it's all melted. Put it in the pie crust and let it cool in the fridge for an hour or so.

The arrowroot thickens it up to a custard consistency. I prefer it in the pie crust, but it's good either way!

Pie Crust:

1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1/4 cup of shortening or oil
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of honey

Put dry ingredients in one bowl in wet ingredients in the other. Mix the wet into the dry until combined and then press into a 9 inch pie pan. Bake for 12 minutes or so and then let cool.

Rene

Navigating a life sometimes stranger than fiction, but always as true as God's grace.

"The Lord has told us what is good. What He asks of us is this: to do what is just, love with compassion and mercy, and to live in humble fellowship with our God." Micah 6:8
reneandbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to reneandbaby For This Useful Post:
CakeLady (12-17-2010), curlymopmom (12-17-2010), Proverbs31 (12-16-2010), Quiteria (12-22-2010), relizabeth (09-25-2011), The Tickle Momster (03-14-2018)