Thread: Ezzo drama
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 01:15 PM   #1
Love

Default Ezzo drama

So I was at playgroup and a woman pulled out a book and asked everyone if they had heard of it. It was of course, GK"G"W. I must've had the 'look' on my face because she immediately asked me directly. She is very outspoken and likes to debate, and I am the exact opposite. I don't even like to talk to the whole group at the same time.

So I start talking, very nicely and calmly and a bit nervous but feeling like God is really helping me... I talk about his personal character issues, the hospitialized FTT babies, the Bible verses he completely ignores, how Eve would have done it with no schedules and cribs, how Mary did it, how God chose to have Jesus born into that exact culture at that time, how man now thinks he can do better than God in these things, then (because he came up) how Dr. Sears is a godly man and father of eight and an actual doctor. (That is more than I ever said at playgroup ever!)

So what does this older, outspoken, known-for-debating lady have to defend Ezzo with? Nothing. Doesn't even try. I was shocked and thankful. Did I do that good of a job?!

Thank God also that the Ezzo Leader wasn't at that playgroup that day, or I may have lost my nerve.

To my suprise, another mom supported me, others seemed very open to what I was saying, and then on their own they took off on really bashing the *Pearls!*

So now the issue is pretty much divisiveness. I sent www.ezzo.info to everyone and was thanked by some of the moms. One of the moms did a mass email apologizing for bashing some of our 'Christian leaders.' One of the new moms did a huge Bible study with Ezzo quotes and and tried at the next playgroup to ask the two Ezzo moms about things, and they flat out denied all of Ezzo's direct quotes and basicly refused to dicsuss it with her. The two Ezzo moms will not answer any of my emails, and I have not seen them personally (I missed the next playgroup due to sick kiddos). I think they are pretty annoyed at me. I have sent out a few emails answering other ones saying it is not bashing to speak the truth in love, to honestly state facts, etc... But the issue seems to be there looming and even growing... The one who started playgroup wants to make rules now that we can't talk about controversial things....

I don't know what my point really is. I am just going thru all this right now, and I hate drama. I have feeling uncomfortable, that people are "mad at me." But I am so glad I said something. The biggest thing for me is just that the two Ezzo moms don't seem to have a leg to stand on and *just don't care.*

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.04764 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,927KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below