View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #18
Heather Micaela
Rose Garden

Bar/Bat Mitzvah picture with husband Michael.

Location: Within sight and earshot of the Disneyland fireworks
Heather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Common sense and intuition

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty-two View Post
You're probably right that I don't really get Sensing types (I'm really trying, but I haven't found the right explanation yet, I guess). But there's a difference b/w being scared to go on a feeling and not even feeling it in the first place. You kind of confirmed my theory, in that they all said it was hard but necessary. That kind of means they felt an inclination to not do it - they just then dismissed it, b/c they were trained to distrust all feelings/instincts .
Not necessarily. It is also hard to have your kid get a necessary blood test when they are screaming and crying but that does not make it bad. It is hard to hear you child scream when in a carseat and you may wish you could just hold them instead. Doesn't make it wrong. It is even hard to have boundaries and not be permissive at times.

LOTS of things about parenting are hard but equally right. Feelings cannot dictate what is good or bad.

Quote:
I totally get the difficulty of having to retrain your "natural", go-to responses and thinking . I just really and truly don't get not feeling, at some level, at some point - whether you listen to them or not - that something about this is just not right . I get that a lifetime of believing that spanking is right would have you dismissing that feeling as wrong/misleading/Satan's-influence - you'd be pre-primed to ignore it. But it was still there, right?
NOPE. No feeling. Just statistics. I decided in AP/GBD based on observing both ways. I have no innate sense of good/bad right./wrong just the Law of God and then observable effects of that which is wrong that is NOT spelled out.

Quote:
I totally get not listening to your instincts when you've been taught all your life to distrust them . But that's still different from not feeling them in the first place .
Well, I was taught nothing. MY "instincts" were conditioned responses to how I was raised and how I saw others raised. (Which had very little hitting and was mainstream but not ezzo) I still hate threads where people say over and over "What does your mama-gut tell you." I do not have one. But I have LOVE. And I know what is loving. I also know that sometimes what seems loving on the surface is not really. It is not loving to tell your kid you wont make them have a medical treatment just because they are scared and it will hurt. So I have to rest on the fact that I *Know* that this procedure being are exposed to many sources that say in the long run it IS loving and the bible says to do it, I was inclined to believe it. Fortunately I found GCM that had different IRL examples of what hitting does long term and how the lack of it can be very loving. Then I examined scriptures for myself.

ETA: I'm not trying to invalidate your experience , just trying to understand b/c it's really foreign to me .[/QUOTE]
Everything in my life is weighing facts. Feelings for me are just emotions. And I likely do not understand intuituion. TO ME it seems unreliable at best and superstitious at worst. I know for Ns that is not true. But I am not an N at all. Therefore I cannot function as one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klpmommy View Post
am i the only one who was told that Christians were not supposed to be "common" so "common sense" wasn't applicable to us? I didn't become a Christian until I was an adult.
I was told that sort of. That sometimes what we do is counterintuitive BECAUSE our hearts are decietful and we need to be above them. Therefore mysogeny, inequality, and hitting your kids was HIGHER than those lovey-gooey unbelievers with their girl power and "permissiveness" will be proven wrong in the end.

ESFJ T4 Messianic
Joshua-13
Christina- 11
Amalia Linda-8.5
Trinity-7
Gabriel-5
w/ADHD, ASD & Dyslexia
Taylor Jordan11/15/04 SkyeDakota10/12/05
Life is a pile of good things & bad things The good things don't always soften the bad things but the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things
Heather Micaela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heather Micaela For This Useful Post:
Domina (01-16-2012), gracechelle (02-10-2012), rjy9343 (01-16-2012), Tasmanian Saint (01-18-2012)

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.06200 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,998KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below