Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post] (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=422)
-   -   Easy Peasy - All in One Homeschool (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=475742)

Peaceful Meadows 03-05-2013 09:53 PM

Easy Peasy - All in One Homeschool

http://allinonehomeschool.wordpress.com/ Completely free homeschool curriculum from preK through high school.

ETA a quote from the website:
Quote:

This is my children’s school. I am putting their assignments online so that they can work independently and so that I have the assignments saved for their younger siblings. Grade levels and courses include 180 days of homeschool lessons and assignments. It covers reading, writing, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, math, history/social studies/geography, science, Bible, computer, music, art, PE/health, and logic. It uses only free materials found on the internet.

cro 03-05-2013 10:38 PM

Re: Easy Peasy - All in One Homeschool

Interesting! I'm fascinated that someone took the time to find all those things and organize ALL those lessons.

Castle On A Cloud 03-06-2013 08:28 PM

i saw this posted somewhere recently, but have not looked in depth... i would love to click through and look at the contend

mamacat 03-06-2013 08:47 PM

Its so wonderful all the time she has taken to do all of these grade levels.Started my 8th grader off with it this yr while waiting for some ordered curricula to come.It was good but we had some other things that just were a better fit for our eclectic style.Would be good for someone who doesnt want to figure out what to use and wants to cover all bases.Often you can choose from several different things for math or LA

Peaceful Meadows 03-09-2013 10:05 PM

Someone from my homeschool support group shared the site. She uses it as her main curriculum. While I won't be using it as our main curriculum, I think that I'll be referring to it as one of my resources next year. She definitely put a lot of time and energy into it.

Codi 03-10-2013 01:11 AM

Wow!! She did an amazing job!! Definitely saving that link!

delightedmama 03-10-2013 04:24 AM

Just looked through the first 60 days of preschool (we'll be starting this fall) and it looks really well done. Plenty of free online resources (YouTube videos from sesame street's day of the week, that kind of thing -- not worksheets which I wouldn't like), well organized, not overwhelming (looks like it'd take max 30min for age 3-4, with some additional optional craft projects). Thanks for the link!

Glitterfish 03-12-2013 10:11 AM

This just might be an answer to prayer.... thanks for the link! :kiss

tempus vernum 03-12-2013 12:15 PM

My dd1 (7th) is primarily using this for school right now but not entirely (she does a few additional subjects). We like it :yes I really like how they lay out the middle school math plan for Khan. FINALLY, a really good plan for attacking Khan since we use that as well.

I think we've been using it a few months :think We switched last fall sometime so maybe 4 months?

RealLifeMama 03-12-2013 12:33 PM

I debated using this this year. I am thinking that it might be a good way to go for my soon to be 10 yo, because he really does best with computer learning, even though I have tried so many other things and fought it every step of the way.

Glitterfish 03-19-2013 10:04 AM

Just wanted to share that I started using this for my 4 year old and 6 year old after the OP posted it.....

and after maybe 4 days of lessons for my 6 year old, he's reading a few words! I skipped ahead on "getting started 1" to where it adds in actual reading instead of just letters/letter sounds, and he picked right up on it. He's ahead in math, so we're still trying to figure out where he is on this curriculum, but he was flat out NOT reading before, so this is awesome!

My 4 year old DD loves that she has "school" to do too :heart It takes maybe 10 minutes per day for her (I'm not doing the printables yet because we need ink in our printer :doh)

Hopetobe 03-19-2013 10:36 AM

Subbing

Tandem mama 03-27-2013 07:36 AM

I've been doing getting ready 1 with Sunshine. I'm wondering if it's enough to just do this and nothing else. Right now, it's between this and free online public school.

Glitterfish 03-27-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tandem mama (Post 5209469)
I've been doing getting ready 1 with Sunshine. I'm wondering if it's enough to just do this and nothing else. Right now, it's between this and free online public school.

I'm doing this w/ Peanut (will be 5 in June) now, and I just add in some reading aloud (right now we're reading one of the Littles books) and she helps me cook/bake/etc.... I think it's enough.

tempus vernum 03-30-2013 07:55 AM

Since I decided not to send dd1 to virtual school, I am thinking about sticking with this next year. Although, I have to pray on it because dd1 may be ready for high school math next year and I want to add a foreign language.

BUT my dd1 is VERY into being on the computer for her school work .