Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=529)
-   -   My teeth are remineralizing. (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=325733)

mamacat 10-01-2009 10:37 AM

Re: My teeth are remineralizing.

I found Spry chewing gum at a local health food store but do they also make pure xylitol liquid? So far I have just seen mouthwash that contains it....

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

So when you say you sprinkle xylitol - is it the granular form? For some reason I was thinking a liquid..........

Elora 10-01-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireshifter (Post 2593015)
THANK YOU so much for posting this. I REALLY don't want to go to the dentist and am hoping I could start this to maybe reverse some of the small cavities I know are there.

Jen D.

ME TOO!

thank you thank you thank you for this post! i need it.

could i do this for ds (he's almost 3)? or aspects of it?

Rabbit 10-01-2009 11:02 AM

Granular, yes. But seriously, that's only been in the last year.

I haven't had a cavity since switching to Weleda several years ago. Obvious improvement in my front teeth after adding cal-mag. I have no clue if xylitol has done a thing.

I use tap water, and it does have fluoride.

I use Listerine every couple of months if my teeth feel extra funky.

I floss.

I'm mulling adding hydrogen peroxide because blood pressure meds have made my gums feel sore.

sprout 10-01-2009 11:03 AM

I use the granular form.

I find it really exciting that many of us use different forms to heal teeth and both methods seem to be working well.

this is very encouraging.

mommylove 10-01-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyInTheSpirit (Post 2594271)
My teeth have demineralized too. Where do I buy all of that stuff?

Your local HFS store should carry it all. Amazon . com sells Weleda toothpaste.

FYI, a quick google search found this brand of granular xylitol made in the USA from birch trees, also found on Amazon. http://shop.emeraldforestxylitol. ccom/shop-now/emeraldforestxylitol-edulcorant-1lb-bolsa.htm

sprout 10-01-2009 11:22 AM

from what I have read, the xylitol from the birch tree is supposed to be the superior form...this is the type the children and I use.

monkeylicious 10-01-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuneMyHeart (Post 2592898)
I wonder if I could get him to take cal/mag. :think Yeah, right.

i just hand pills to my dh when he has a drink. he doesn't ask what they are or are for... though he wanted to be taking a daily and just wasn't remembering. he also has had more colds in the last year or so with his flying job than ever before, so he wanted to not get colds... all this just to say, try just telling him it's a multi-vit (or something like that - or even better include one!) and see if he'll take it. :shrug3

Rabbit 10-01-2009 11:56 AM

Josh can't swallow the horse pills. He has a very narrow throat, and sleep apnea because of it. He has trouble with advil.

newday 10-01-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit (Post 2595488)
Granular, yes. But seriously, that's only been in the last year.

I haven't had a cavity since switching to Weleda several years ago. Obvious improvement in my front teeth after adding cal-mag. I have no clue if xylitol has done a thing.

I use tap water, and it does have fluoride.

I use Listerine every couple of months if my teeth feel extra funky.

I floss.

I'm mulling adding hydrogen peroxide because blood pressure meds have made my gums feel sore.

i have read that cyanne pepper will fix gum issues, and i believe it since it stimulates circulation and healing so well naturally with other things. the trick is to start out small and increase the sprinkle on your toothbrush slowly. i am going to start this (as soon as i remember :)

HomeWithMyBabies 10-01-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtnMama (Post 2594243)
Ever since you mentioned the Weleda toothpaste a long time ago, I've been using it.

Yup, Rabbit when you said once that there was a children's gel I was very excited and went looking for it. I found it at my grocery! It's all I use for Peanut and I've been very very happy with it. :yes

I also give the boys cal/mag as a powder that dissolves in water, so I don't have to worry about them swallowing pills.

I use tooth soap to brush my teeth and my dentist is thrilled with the results. My sensitivity and occasional bad breath is gone now too.

Soliloquy 10-01-2009 12:25 PM

My teeth re-mineralized too!! :rockon

Mine remineralized in one month after starting Mercola's Whole Food Multi Plus Vital Minerals. I had visible spots on my teeth where the enamel was gone. I had horrible cavities ever since I got pg w/ Simon. I had my first cavity-free check-up in 5 years.

(I don't drink soda either. Soda is one of the WORST things for your body because of the sugar and acids.)
There's a book called Cure Tooth Decay that helped me. The combination of calcium and bio-available phosphorous is important, as are saturated fats (coconut oil, grass-fed butter, etc).

It's definitely worth the effort because when your body is deprived of minerals, it will pull them from your teeth. When that supply is gone, your bones are next. Once that starts, you can experience chronic health problems. Your teeth are a window to your overall health.
Posted via Mobile Device

TuneMyHeart 10-01-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeylicious (Post 2595625)
i just hand pills to my dh when he has a drink. he doesn't ask what they are or are for... though he wanted to be taking a daily and just wasn't remembering. he also has had more colds in the last year or so with his flying job than ever before, so he wanted to not get colds... all this just to say, try just telling him it's a multi-vit (or something like that - or even better include one!) and see if he'll take it. :shrug3

My DH won't take anything. :( He doesn't remember (and I honestly don't remember to remind him :lol) and he doesn't think it's important.

GodisGood 10-02-2009 08:05 AM

Thanks so much for posting, Rabbit. :tu I'm working on remineralizing my teeth as well as my boys. They have cavities galore as well as staining. I feel so bad for them. Now I have a better idea of what to do with them.

HomeWithMyBabies, what cal/mag powder do you use?

HomeWithMyBabies 10-02-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodisGood (Post 2597411)
HomeWithMyBabies, what cal/mag powder do you use?

I use the Natural Vitality Products.

thomer 10-02-2009 08:14 AM

Thank you! I really can not afford the cavities I need filling. Maybe I will cancel the appt. and see if I can reverse them before my next 6mo appt. :think