Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Joyous Homekeeping *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=429)
-   -   I am not an organized person (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=487046)

mommie 08-07-2013 11:58 AM

Re: I am not an organized person

got alot of dishes done.. wish i had paper plates. will hopefully complete all dishes tonight or tomorrow morning.
cleared thwe bathroom....really need to give it a scrub down when i get a chance.
will try for 2 loads of laundry tomorrow.

Kiara.I 08-07-2013 12:00 PM

:cheer Way to go!
How are you doing at putting routines into place for maintenance? That's where I tend to stumble, I can get something clean but then *keeping* it clean...

mommie 08-07-2013 12:02 PM

i have no routines put into place at all.. so bad with them.

Kiara.I 08-07-2013 12:23 PM

:hug2 Is that something you want to start?

mommie 08-07-2013 12:36 PM

yes it is. i would like to get out of the panic cleaning cycle

Kiara.I 08-07-2013 12:55 PM

Cool! Where do you want to start?
Starting small probably works better than implementing one giant routine, because that can seem overwhelming at first. So what's your *biggest* frustration, usually? Kitchen? Kids' toys? Laundry? You might pick a couple of small things. For instance, all the kids doing a 5-minute cleanup of toys before bedtime, and making yourself do one load of laundry, start to finish (put away in drawers/closets or as close as you can manage with the furniture you have) every day.

mommie 08-07-2013 02:18 PM

i dont know, laundry and dishes and keeping rhw dinning room and living room floora clear gor now.

pastelsummer 08-07-2013 04:29 PM

starting and maintaining a maintenance schdeule is so hard but it so SUPER rewarding. One thing I found to keep kitchen and dishes done, DO NOT have more than enough of anything than ONE day. When I had enough dishes to last us 3-4 days Iwas always putting it off but when i was forced to ONLY have enough for one day it got done and since it was such a small amount it was so much easier to get it done. I cut clothes down to 7 days worth of clothes that was about 1 load of laundry for each person and i ha set up days to do each person. I know it sounds hard and it was but once i had forced the issue (and i had to push myself so hard sometimes I wanted to cry) it got easier and easier. So maybe just start with cutting down to 3 bowls and 3 plates per person and 3 sets of silverware also. I truthfully did 2 each and was ok.

Thia 08-07-2013 04:38 PM

That's really rough with the dishes/sink! I have heard that some people will get a cleaning bucket and put it under the sink. They rinse all the dishes as they get used and put them in the bucket until it's wash up time. I don't know if that would help you or not.

mommie 08-07-2013 06:48 PM

my luck with chores id forget the bucket. i have had some company over today.. didnt finish the dishes..but did pick up some of the toys the kids were playing with... however i currently have a hose and a tripod on my living room floor.:scratch which i will be picking up tomorrow morning i am tired so i am laying down... i am really tryi g not to out do.myself and then not want to do a thing for a while... so tomorrow... laundry wash folded put away... rest of dishes... possible full scrubb down of bathroom...maintian picking up living room and dinning room.

Thia 08-08-2013 01:34 PM

Yeah, I'd forget the bucket too. LOL. I just mentioned it in case.

mommie 08-08-2013 02:59 PM

only thing ive managed to do today is ride my bike with ddbto her doctor appt. have had a major headache since then.

Kiara.I 08-08-2013 08:25 PM

Well, that's a pretty major accomplishment for the day! But I'm sorry you had a headache after. :( Hopefully it's eased off by now?

mommie 08-09-2013 11:39 AM

i slept off most of the headache yesterday afternoon, then brought the kids to a friends house where we stayed most of the evening.
slept most of the morning... the rain drained my energy.
managed to pick toys up from the dining room, and living room, washed a few dishes and cooked me some food. I am amming for more dishes tonight only a hand full left..mostly silverware which i hate washing.
Laundry defintly needs to not.be ignored. i find myself not doi g it without a place for it. cuz it seems i always wash clean clothes that get scattered about.but i cant ignore it much longer.
i already feel good about the toy par down. i am glad my kids are getting into ages where the toys will start to decrease.

mommie 08-09-2013 03:12 PM

why do i continue to buy cereal when it just ends up all over the. floor.