Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   Help my friends save their store!! (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=518656)

NovelMama 04-12-2016 03:35 PM

Help my friends save their store!!

Two of my sweet Christian mama friends here in Texas have a natural baby/children's boutique called Mockingbird Baby. Both of them have been dealing with awful stuff in their personal lives, but they've managed to keep the store running - until they were told today that they have 48 hours to pay their back rent. :jawdrop I'm doing everything I can to help them get the word out and hopefully generate enough sales to save the store. Would y'all be willing to help these dear mamas out by sharing their website on social media and maybe even making a purchase (free shipping!) on their website? (And if you know anyone in the north Houston area, let them know they're doing a flash sale tomorrow and Thursday!) They do registries, too, so if you or someone you know is expecting, look into their registry service! :heart

And of course, PLEASE PRAY!! Pray that God would carry them through everything they're dealing with - it's been SO MUCH - and that God would allow them to keep their store. Thank you, everyone!!

deena 04-12-2016 04:05 PM

Re: Help my friends save their store!!

I'll check it out.

Dandelion 04-12-2016 05:09 PM

I need to buy some diapers so :rockon

ECingMama 04-12-2016 05:39 PM

I'll share with my preggy sister.

How long has store been open?

Little Forest 04-12-2016 06:57 PM

That store lookes lovely! I am rooting for them!

sunflowermom 04-13-2016 09:46 AM

The store does look awesome! :rockon
I'm rooting for them to make it too, and I know laws are different in different states, but in a state I lived in recently, if they do not have the funds to the landlord by the deadline listed on their notice, it would be important for them to know that potentially their landlord could lock them out and they would not have access to their store or items within the store. The contents could become the landlord's property and they would likely sell them (probably below what they're worth, unless they're familiar with values and have the right buyers, and quickly) to make up for back rent and expenses.
Maybe they can work on making arrangements with the landlord, or maybe they could be sure to get as much out of the store as possible before the deadline. That is definitely not professional or legal advice, but I would hate for that to happen to these women who have such a lovely store, and for them to not know they might be locked out with no access to retrieve even personal items. :hugheart

sunflowermom 04-18-2016 10:16 PM

I just checked the website again, and it looks like they're going to stay open, Horray! :cheer

ValiantJoy07 04-19-2016 05:30 AM

I missed this. It I need one more grovia and they carry those so....:rockon

NovelMama 04-19-2016 11:45 AM

Thank you so much mamas! Yes, they're trying to stay open - there was a surge of support for them when they announced they were going to close, so they challenged everyone to help them stay open and it worked! They do still need to cover next month's rent (and the next month's, and the next month's!), so they're not out of the woods yet - please do whatever you feel led to do to help them stay open, be it sharing their site or setting up a registry or making a purchase.

And yes, Mae, if they hadn't paid their rent they would have been locked out and the management company would have seized their assets. They tried to compromise with them but the company refused. :(

They've been an online store for 2 years and just opened the boutique in November. <3

mum2abby 04-21-2016 07:58 PM

Looks like some great stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk