Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Joyous Homekeeping *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=429)
-   -   Hobonichi/Planner books (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=530123)

deena 03-16-2022 09:57 AM

Hobonichi/Planner books

My parents were big into Day Planner notebooks when I was growing up. Now adays there is a popular, Japanese one called Hobonichi. Does anyone use a planner book? What does that look like for you? I just use a calendar on the wall and a whiteboard but I'm always open to new things if it will help.

SewingGreenMama 03-16-2022 10:23 AM

Re: Hobonichi/Planner books

I have used the bullet journal, there are great you tube videos about it. It works great. I like the simple versions, just a basic notebook and pen, it can be lined, blank, dot grid, square grid, whatever you have and like. Some people use them as a creative outlet and they are over the top don't feel pressured into that or intimidated. For some people that is awesome and nice. But the plain and simple original is honestly so helpful and the best option for most people.

The happy planner from Walmart I've heard awesome things about. A lot of people love it.

If you have a good printer you can print off very affordable planner pages to put in a planner binder or a basic 3 ring binder.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

As for hobonichi I've heard a little about them but I don't know much. You tube is probably a good place to learn about it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

twoplustwo 03-16-2022 10:58 AM

I use At A Glance brand. I get an 8.5 x 11 size. I buy the same style each year because it already has my system. It has the big month and then daily with lines. Its split with half the day for timed things and half for to do list.

I have never heard of Hobonichi - but googling it now. I love organization.

I also have a fridge calendar that has each persons things and the menu for the day.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

ETA: And nope, nope, nope. I do not need or want to sticker my planner like that. :no :giggle

I am already stressed out looking at it. Plus I think I have more things in a day that will fit.

I do have stickers on the fridge calendar. Little soccer balls for soccer practice and bigger ones for games. Little running guy for track. Thursday has the Four Leaf Holiday one. Any meetings for work or working outside of my regular job has a blue stethoscope. :think Anyway, I do use color and stickers for the fridge but its meant to give you an idea of the day and its for everyone and its on display.

I have no need or desire for my personal one. Just the facts ma'am. My journal is pretty plain like that too. Mostly just writing. Im not much of a sticker person BUT I would do it in my journal before my planner.

I could see why my style planner might be too boring or too rigid or too whatever and the stickers help it be more fun and create success in using a planner.

knitlove 03-16-2022 05:27 PM

The only planner I have generally used is one for home school I have liked the well planed day ones but they made some changes and took away some lines on the daily section so it isn't going to work for me anymore. This summer I am going to put a new one together for my self. I have grand visions we will see how it goes.

I am also going to need to get something better for all the classes I am teaching. The way the Hobonichi planners have the pages with the clock on them is how I set up my in class planes. I have to see it on a clock.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk