Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   This is getting a little easier! (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=305877)

Lantern Light Mama 05-12-2009 03:10 PM

This is getting a little easier!

This week went a lot better. I made it through several days in a row without eating meat. :rockon It isn't bothering me to not eat it anymore (except maybe fish, I may miss it). The only issue I have is having enough meat free products for me to eat here. Usually I can make it through breakfast and lunch without an issue, but dinner is hard. It has definitely been easier to cut down than I thought it would be. When DH has a burger I can have a black bean burger, during the day I've been eating veggies, and yesterday I had some BBQ tofu (which wasn't all that bad but it still tasted like tofu to me). Tonight is pizza night so it will be a tough one. The good news is payday is right around the corner and I can stock up again! Thanks for all of the support while I am changing and learning!

Cat 05-13-2009 04:48 AM

Re: This is getting a little easier!

Why is pizza hard for you? Even when I ate meat, I hated it on my pizza. There are veggie alternatives you can use for fun. My father didn't even know he was eating veggie pepperoni!

Lantern Light Mama 05-13-2009 09:14 AM

They make veggie pepperoni? My kids won't touch veggie pizza with a ten foot pole. :blush

Cat 05-13-2009 09:18 AM

Yes, veggie pepperoni, veggie burger crumbles that are great too (I fry them with onions and peppers and put on the pizza for sausage and peppers pizza)

Lantern Light Mama 05-13-2009 09:36 AM

I might see if I am trick them. :giggle

Cat 05-13-2009 09:52 AM

For brands, I like LightLife pepperoni (fridge section by tofu, etc), Morningstar crumbles (freezer section by veggie burgers-Boca is good too), and if you want to fry and slice veggie meatballs for a topping, Nate's zesty Italian meatballs (or any of their flavors-freezer section by veggie burgers) . I've found all of these things at regular supermarkets and health food stores. You could make it a real "meat" lovers pizza.

crunchyusmcluv 05-13-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat
For brands, I like LightLife pepperoni (fridge section by tofu, etc), Morningstar crumbles (freezer section by veggie burgers-Boca is good too), and if you want to fry and slice veggie meatballs for a topping, Nate's zesty Italian meatballs (or any of their flavors-freezer section by veggie burgers) . I've found all of these things at regular supermarkets and health food stores. You could make it a real "meat" lovers pizza.

those are really good ideas. I know that some frozen vegan pizzas to me dont test the best but maybe if I make my own it will test better. I know I was not the topic starter but I wanted to say that this is a great idea. :rockon