Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Gentle Discipline *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=420)
-   -   He's raging (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=368480)

Striving4Grace 07-21-2010 12:55 PM

He's raging

How can i help calm him when he's raging from having some red dye? I honestly thought a little bit in a snack wouldn't hurt, but now I know. I sent him to his room to chill out because he was screaming and stomping and I could not deal with it today. Is there anything that would help calm him down until I can flush his system?

TuneMyHeart 07-21-2010 01:01 PM

Re: He's raging

I would possibly give him benadryl (dye-free ;)), but if it will make him sleepy and miserable, maybe wait till bedtime. :hug I'm sorry. :hugheart

Striving4Grace 07-21-2010 01:23 PM

Well as it turns out he raged himself to sleep. Poor kid, at VBS this morning they had rainbow goldfish for a snack. I told them he cannot have red dye but apparently they were not aware that you need red to make orange and purple. :sigh

TuneMyHeart 07-21-2010 01:29 PM

Ugh, I'm so sorry they gave him dye! I hope he wakes up calmer. :hugheart :pray2

Soliloquy 07-21-2010 01:34 PM

That's happened to us, too. :hugheart. In the future, Rescue Remedy has helped us, as had Natural Calm.

I've told Gracie's SS teacher absolutely no artificial colors at all. They asked if it was an allergy and I said yes not knowing how else to explain it. I also bring safe snacks, enough for the whole class, so they don't have to scramble to find something for her.

Hope he's feeling better soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Eta that Natural Calm has helped most consistently. RR works miracles sometimes, other times not at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

Peridot 07-21-2010 01:44 PM

:yes to the Natural Calm. Maximus can't have any either. :hug2

HindsFeet 07-21-2010 01:53 PM

:yes Dyes make my kids nuts too. They are at VBS this week as well, and I've been thinking that maybe this disruption in schedule etc. were responsible for the crummy behavior we've had pop up, but now that you mention this - I'm betting that it's at least partly related to the junky snacks they're getting there. :doh

Striving4Grace 07-21-2010 06:21 PM

I'm going to go to the HFS tomorrow and pick up some of the NC or RR depending on what they have. Thanks for the tip! He did wake up better and while he's a little short fused right now it's nothing we can't handle. Thank you all for the love and support you share with me here. :heart

TuneMyHeart 07-21-2010 07:27 PM

I forgot -BlessedBlue recommended quercetin to help E get through an allergic reaction.