Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Animal Companions (Pets) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=433)
-   -   Cleaning puppy pee from carpets (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=528827)

RiverRock 08-17-2020 11:40 AM

Cleaning puppy pee from carpets

Any advice? I'm not ready to replace carpets in our house but I do want to clean them. Is there anything in particular that I should or shouldn't do? I'll hire a carpet cleaning company. Is steam okay? What are alternatives?

Another question is about black lights...how would I go about getting my own to be able to see all the places that should be given extra attention? I'm afraid we might have gone a little nose blind to the smell. I know two areas that have been hit quite badly...but I wonder if other areas are might not be as noticeable to my nose. :sick

I'm also open to the idea of bringing in someone to do spot cleaning on wall to wall carpeting (I wouldn't move furniture), and then another company to do overall carpet cleaning with furniture moved out of the way.

I have a method for area rugs that works well for me. I spray liberally with Fantastic cleaner, use a scrub brush in hit areas, and then hose the carpets down and let them drip dry over a swing set or picnic table.

Soliloquy 08-17-2020 12:40 PM

Re: Cleaning puppy pee from carpets

I use Bac-Out or Force of Nature. Or both.

A professional will get more out, their extraction is quite powerful. The reality is that it gets into the backing and the pad. That's why I prefer to start with an enzyme treatment to break it down.

I do not recommend Nature's Miracle because it smells like perfume. Bac-Out has lime essential oil which I like, and it doesn't linger.

Force of Nature will eliminate all smells, not just dog urine. I use it regularly after vacuuming.

RiverRock 08-17-2020 02:22 PM

I can’t cross the border to the US any time soon so I will need to find Canadian equivalents if I don’t see Bac-Out or Force of Nature in my stores. Would Home Depot or Wal-Mart carry these?

Soliloquy 08-17-2020 02:49 PM

Bac-Out is made by BioKleen and is more likely to be found at a health food store. https://www.amazon.ca/Biokleen-Bac-O...s%2C583&sr=8-1

Nature's Miracle isn't a bad choice, though, and feed stores and pet stores carry it. Any pet or feed store is likely to have some enzyme spray. I believe Walmart carries it.

rjy9343 08-21-2020 10:07 PM

Rocco and Roxie is what I have found to work really well on dog pee. We dog sat a dog that used our white carpets (it's a rental that my husband picked. He must have forgotten we have kids). I used a steam cleaner, carpet cleaner and every thing I could find. I finally found this stuff on Amazon and it completely removed the smell and stain. It worked so well that when he came to do the yearly inspection, he didn't see or smell anything. :phew

ECingMama 08-21-2020 10:10 PM

Black light shows you exactly where it is. Home Depot. Walmart. Easy to find around Halloween. Online too.