Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Breakfast *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=543)
-   -   Who loves their waffle iron? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=298926)

Dandelion 03-24-2009 08:59 AM

Who loves their waffle iron?

I love waffles and I love my current waffle make, except that it is a pain to clean and it only makes 2 waffles at a time for my 6+ family. I would love to get a new one, but I don't want to buy a dud. So who have one that make at least 4 waffles at a time and is easy to clean? Is there such a thing as a stove top waffle iron?

jewelmcjem 03-24-2009 09:30 AM

Re: Who loves their waffle iron?

:cookie2 (can we pretend that's a waffle?) I've never had one, and would like to get a decent one that's not too pricey.

lettucebabies 03-24-2009 09:33 AM

I've gone through a bunch of waffle makers and hated them all... add that to the fact that now we don't do tefflon/non stick at our house and I have given up :(

I did see this one... wonder if it would work ok? You could fully immerse it in water to clean :think
http://www.amazon.com/Romes-1100-Fas...=1RQ0X8IPMUFCG

OrthoMama 03-24-2009 09:59 AM

My inlaws have a great one, I'll see what it is and post it. The whole family talks about its prowess at waffle making, it's a legend. It's heavily contested when talk of wills comes up. 8)

2sunshines 03-24-2009 10:09 AM

My dh LOVES waffles. We finally found one that is perfect. It only cooks one at a time but we're talking one BIG fluffy perfect waffle. It's one of those type that you usually find at the hotels that offer continental breakfasts, where you pour the batter in, turn the whole thing upside down and let it cook. It's the best waffle maker we've ever used by far. :tu

RealLifeMama 03-24-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2sunshines
My dh LOVES waffles. We finally found one that is perfect. It only cooks one at a time but we're talking one BIG fluffy perfect waffle. It's one of those type that you usually find at the hotels that offer continental breakfasts, where you pour the batter in, turn the whole thing upside down and let it cook. It's the best waffle maker we've ever used by far. :tu

That is how ours is and we love it!
It is a Waring Pro or something like that. We got it at BJ's Warehouse Club/store (like Sams or Costco)

2TMama 05-22-2009 08:03 AM

Our waffle iron is a cheapie.......I can see the advantage of having a heavy duty one that makes more than two 3" waffles at a time! :yes

Last week, we had "breakfast for dinner" as we were REALLY needing to get to the grocery store & we had the stuff to make scrambled eggs, sausage & waffles. I was in a hurry, so I just used a baking mix to make my waffles this time. Eww....the flavor was not that great & the texture was :sick2

This a.m. I took the time to make the homemade belgian waffles from scratch. Much, MUCH tastier!! :yes (dontcha hate it when you realize these things...........ie. becoming a coffee "snob"?!?)

hey mommy 05-22-2009 09:14 AM

waffle iron?? Is that one of those things I used to use before having C? Hmm, I believe so. :giggle

Sorry, I'm no help.