Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Hobbies and Crafts *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=432)
-   -   Any Hooping Ladies In the House? SHARE your favorite youtube links? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=503798)

ValiantJoy07 05-02-2014 03:24 PM

Any Hooping Ladies In the House? SHARE your favorite youtube links?

Do you have any videos... tricks... videos you like or have learned from?

I am pretty new to hooping but having a lot of fun with it.

Wanna see my home made hoops??? :grin

I think I like the crafting aspect as much if not more than in like playing with them.:shifty

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...pscc9e996f.jpg (I'm going to sew down the tied ends just FYI... not finished yet) I have a super de dupery adorable pic of dd3 with her hoop, but I wanna keep this in a public forum for any newer voices who might be hidden experts.
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps439436bb.jpg

Come fill me in...what should a Newby know or see???

flowermama 05-02-2014 05:15 PM

Re: Any Hooping Ladies In the House? SHARE your favorite youtube links?

Those are so cool! I was wanting to get into hooping, but then I started getting busy with other things. Seeing your hoops is inspiring! :heart

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

I know you are seeking video links and such, so I hate to ask you your questions back to you :shy but do you have any videos or other links you could share? I'd love to learn to make beautiful hoops like that! :) Do you have any workouts that you do? I saw some on youtube that looked like they might be fun.

Hopetobe 05-02-2014 05:24 PM

:cup

I still want to learn one day. I wish I had a nearby friend who was into hooping, it'd be so much easier to try and more fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ValiantJoy07 05-02-2014 05:31 PM

I'm very new to it. :O Cro brought some of her hoops to the park a few weeks ago and we all had so much fun playing with them that DD's and I went to home depot that afternoon! We spent $20-$25 on 100 feet 3/4" irrigation tubing and some couplings and we've been having fun experimenting since. :D we made a few duct tape ones but duct tape is NOT very forgiving on hoops (I do not feel I have a knack for it- they were wrinkly and ours fun colored tapes scuffed up quickly:think) so we have been having fun wrapping with old scraps of fabric.

For making your own I used this videos directions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC_8ckG6WpU I know amazon has hula hoop tape that is surely better than tie dye duct tape.

11 hula hoops out of that $20 pipe and the couplings were around $.64 a piece so I guess ours came out to less than $3 a piece- even with buying two rolls of duct tape. :rockon soooo as for tricks...Cro taught me how to stand and the basics. We (DD's and I) haven't had time to really watch much yet. Hoping to tomorrow. I did go to a local Hooping class this last week and learned one of the moves in this video (second one in). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BenLAX9gnQ

I need some 1/2" and 1/4" smaller hoops I think for some of theatrics... my hoops are pretty heavy and it's a little more daunting to do over the head stuff because ....getting bashed in the face. :shifty

flowermama 05-02-2014 07:25 PM

:ty4 That is so awesome! It looks really fun. :rockon Now I really want to try to make some! :smile

cro 05-02-2014 11:05 PM

Hannah, how did you secure the fabric on your hoops?

I have a list of beginner tutorials saved on YouTube. I'll post a link when I'm on the computer.

Living My Dream 05-03-2014 12:12 AM

Another hooper here!

Subbing to come back to.

Delaney 05-03-2014 03:02 AM

:cup

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk

MercyInDisguise 05-03-2014 07:50 AM

Love the way they look! I don't enjoy hooping in reality (even when I'm NOT seven months pregnant lol) but I love the creagive decoration! !

cro 05-03-2014 06:36 PM

I'm trying this from my phone so hopefully the link works.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL352967BBACB8015D

gr8tful1 05-03-2014 08:07 PM

I am new here and love hooping! I have a playlist of great Christian songs and have so much fun. I have learned a lot from Hoop Smiles. Happy hooping!

flowermama 05-03-2014 11:45 PM

My younger daughter watched part of the video about the circus start, and has been trying it out and spinning the hoop on her arm. I think we'll be watching more of the videos together. :tu Her birthday is coming up, so maybe I can buy her the things so we can make some hoops together. She loves crafty stuff, and I think would really like that.

I watched one of the videos at the link you posted, Cro, and decided to hoop today for 20 minutes. :tu

ValiantJoy07 05-04-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cro (Post 5749420)
Hannah, how did you secure the fabric on your hoops?

I have a list of beginner tutorials saved on YouTube. I'll post a link when I'm on the computer.

As I was wrapping I used packing tape wrapped around the fabric ends and then it'd tape down the new end of fabric and continue to wrap over the tape (to hide it) at the ends I knotted and I plan to sew the knots down.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

I made one more hoop Friday night

I think it's my favorite paisley and striped accents from some "vintage" sheet scraps from childhood.

Living My Dream 05-04-2014 01:48 PM

That's beautiful!!

ValiantJoy07 05-04-2014 03:41 PM

Spent an hour Hooping outside with the kids today! :grin I've gotten pretty decent at arm and elbow to shoulder Hooping. Also practiced some of the "circus" stuff. :rockon