Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   Okay, now i have no clue what is wrong with me.. (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=447546)

hey mommy 04-28-2012 09:51 AM

Okay, now i have no clue what is wrong with me..

My eyes are blurry. I keep waking up with headaches. I can't eat anything because it hurts and then causes horrible smelly bowels.

Oh, and my left leg hurts. :hunh

I need to find a new doctor, but ugh, I hate doing that.

StumblinMama 04-28-2012 09:55 AM

Re: Okay, now i have no clue what is wrong with me..

Have you had your blood sugar checked lately?

hey mommy 04-28-2012 09:56 AM

No. I should probably do that though. :(

dakotablue 04-28-2012 10:10 AM

You may just be having migraines, blurry vision, head pain, loose bowels from pain (which can also cause stomach pains). leg pain from...pinched nerve? wonky blood sugars can also cause this.

I'm so sorry. :hugheartYou need a doctor.

ShangriLewis 04-28-2012 10:29 AM

Gluten as well. It can cause all those problems. My husband's cousin was having health issues in her 40's. Finally a doctor tested her for celiac because she asked. They were amazed.

Also, In the last year I developed a low tolerance to coffee. I can have one cup a day only. And, once or twice a week I try tea instead. Every couple of weeks I have to have time without coffee. My brain doesn't function but my body does so much better without it.

hey mommy 04-28-2012 10:34 AM

I believe a gluten intolerance could be at play. I feel worse after eating it. :(

ShangriLewis 04-28-2012 10:38 AM

Have you tried GF before?

I had to start my own thread. Since, I am sitting in the potty now:shifty

Lady TS 04-28-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShangriLewis (Post 4601258)
Gluten as well. It can cause all those problems. My husband's cousin was having health issues in her 40's. Finally a doctor tested her for celiac because she asked. They were amazed.

Also, In the last year I developed a low tolerance to coffee. I can have one cup a day only. And, once or twice a week I try tea instead. Every couple of weeks I have to have time without coffee. My brain doesn't function but my body does so much better without it.

Coffee has been linked to Gluten...has very similar proteins or somesuch. I can find a link if you want--it was in the news recently. Anyway, those with Gluten problems should probably also avoid Coffee(all coffee).

I've noticed the same sort of thing with coffee and my gut....yet ever so often I can no longer fend off the craving and have a cup. :cup And then I usually pay, depending on the health of my gut at time of consumption. :shifty

Link to my blog post, which contains link to the article and my personal observations: http://www.livinghealthyinthemodernw...-personal.html

dakotablue 04-28-2012 10:56 AM

I don't know about your particle symptoms and gluten, but I can say going gluten free actually changed my life. I always felt bad, skin was bad, asthma, bowels overall yuck and I had NO idea I felt as bad as I did. People have commented about how hard it must be to be gluten free, but honestly it makes me feel so bad its really not hard at all (in terms of temptation)

It is worth trying, but do a trail of at least 6 weeks, no less, the first 2 weeks are the worse.

ShangriLewis 04-28-2012 10:57 AM

That is interesting. I feel much better GF and have way more energy.

hey mommy 04-28-2012 10:57 AM

No coffee. :( My world may end.. :(

I did try a month of gluten free last year, and I felt great. Lost 10 lbs. I really need to do it again, but for some reason haven't been able to get my brain into it. :( Guess I really have no choice, do I?

ShangriLewis 04-28-2012 11:07 AM

I hope you can get into a doctor soon.

homesteadmama 04-28-2012 10:58 PM

I'd look into diabetes too. Some of those symptoms you mentioned sound diabetes-ish to me. :hugheart

Chaos Coordinator 04-28-2012 11:24 PM

My vote is for soy allergy.

I see a lot of people say "every thing I eat...". That immediately makes me think corn or soy. It's in almost everything.

Unless you eat, say, raw fruit and veggies, then you might not consume soy (except in traces) but you probably will still get corn because of the wax. And probably the glue on the stickers (just guessing)

Chickens are fed soy. I now react to some eggs. Cows are fed chicken litter, so the cows are getting ramped up with soy too. If you are sensitive enough to it, you will react. They are also fed corn as well of course.

Some corn ingredients make me feel hungover and others make me bleed internally. That's a pretty big deal ya know? The government is lying out of their earballs. We are suffering, we are essentially dying because of it.

Please consider whether it could be a corn or soy issue. Even if it seems like a gluten thing, you'd be hard pressed to find store bought bread/baked goods that don't have at least one form of soy and/or corn.

I'm so sorry you're feeling yucky :cry I totally understand, friend. Truly. :hug

LadybugSam 04-28-2012 11:38 PM

I'm worried about your blood pressure when you talk about headaches and blurred vision. Have you checked that lately? How is your new medication working for you? :hugheart I don't know if it would cause your intestional upsets but chronic high blood pressure could cause problems with our arteries that would cause leg pain when walking.

I am praying for you :pray2