Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   Viral bronchitis? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=526278)

kiloyd 11-03-2018 05:45 AM

Viral bronchitis?

Last week i thought I had this then I didn't. I may have it mildly. It's been 2 weeks with this cold, I'm feeling better just more tired and cough a lot when I get up but the past 3 nights I slept in the recliner and did not cough that much when I got up.

When I looked it up on Google it said viral bronchitis comes after a cold or flu and lasts 1-3 weeks and goes away on it's own.

??

RiverRock 11-03-2018 08:45 AM

Re: Viral bronchitis?

I'm currently in mystery land with my cold and cough too. I've had it for two weeks. Yesterday I went to the walk-in clinic because I wanted to rule out walking pneumonia. My symptoms and energy were starting to decline and a bit of fever was added into the mix. I have a prescription for an antibiotic that I'll be taking because I'm afraid of what it could lead too. I'm not quick to take antibiotics, but this cold has me concerned.

kiloyd 11-03-2018 10:43 AM

Next Wednesday will be 3 weeks, I may go to the doctor then if I'm not increasingly better.

RiverRock 11-03-2018 10:52 AM

It can be hard to know if a visit to the doctor is necessary. I heard about two recent cases of walking pneumonia from friends, and I have a family member with chronic bronchial issues that date back to a bout of pneumonia when she was young. The doctor I saw said that two weeks is a long time for a cough, but said I could wait a day or two before starting to the antibiotics if I wanted to see how it progresses. I feel like my immunity is compromised right now with a recent string of cold and flu viruses so I didn't want to take my chances. My mom and son had coughs that lasted about a month and they recovered without medication. It is so individual. I hope you feel better soon.

kiloyd 11-03-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverRock (Post 6161176)
It can be hard to know if a visit to the doctor is necessary.

:yes

I don't think I had a cough the first week, maybe I did. :shrug3 I would like to be all the way better and be able to sleep flat in my own bed, been sleeping in the recliner.