Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Breads / Muffins *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   BREAD REVOLUTION!!! (pic and link included) (Video added in OP) (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=286247)

Heather R 01-05-2009 09:02 AM

Re: BREAD REVOLUTION!!! (pic and link included)

Well, I think I will declare our first batch a success. We made 2 loaves of bread that were very yummy, 2 pizzas, and a batch of cinnamon rolls. I also made another loaf of bread that wasn't very good, but that is because the bowl I had used was too small to stir it well when I first made it, and this was all the "unstirred" dough at the bottom... yuck.

I'm having trouble finding a big enough container... I checked Zellers, Walmart, Canadian Tire... Frustrating! Until I find one, I guess I'll stick to making half batches.

I made a new batch last night, but I don't know if I lost track of my cups of flour or what, but it was really dry... So I added more water until it looked like the pictures in the tutorial... We'll see if this batch turns out.

Heather

RooMama 01-05-2009 09:05 AM

My dough is rising! I'm so excited, so far it was super easy!

NoodleMom 01-05-2009 12:44 PM

So when forming it into the loaf instead of using a loaf pan you form it on a cookie sheet so the loaf is round?

CakeLady 01-05-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather R
I'm having trouble finding a big enough container... I checked Zellers, Walmart, Canadian Tire... Frustrating! Until I find one, I guess I'll stick to making half batches.

Heather

I found some 6qt rubbermaid commercial kitchen food storage containers at Sam's club. They are square, so I'm hoping they take up less room than my big circle ones. Any...try Sams...they have a lot of stuff like that.

blossomnatalia 01-05-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoodleMom
So when forming it into the loaf instead of using a loaf pan you form it on a cookie sheet so the loaf is round?

yeah, i actually use a pizza peel. It makes it easy to just stick it in the oven.

NoodleMom 01-05-2009 02:40 PM

:ty4
Im going to try it soon.

Punkie 01-05-2009 02:50 PM

I have some going in the fridge right now :grin I ordered the book from Amazon with a gift certificate that my little bro bought me for Christmas.

TrinMama 01-05-2009 03:00 PM

YUM. I made my first loaf earlier and I'm baking another now. Are they supposed to be so small?

FaithfilledGranolaChick 01-05-2009 03:43 PM

I made some yesterday and it was great :)

I requested the book from the library and today my grandma gave me a pizza stone I can use (I'll just have be careful putting the bread in the oven) also I am going to try using the dough hook on my mixer and see how that does.

I am so excited about this!

CakeLady 01-05-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaithfilledGranolaChick
I requested the book from the library and today my grandma gave me a pizza stone I can use (I'll just have be careful putting the bread in the oven) also I am going to try using the dough hook on my mixer and see how that does.!

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkie
I have some going in the fridge right now :grin I ordered the book from Amazon with a gift certificate that my little bro bought me for Christmas.

Y'all will have to give us a book review!

blossomnatalia 01-05-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

(I'll just have be careful putting the bread in the oven)

Now, I would not put the dough to rest on the stone and then put it in the oven.... Is that what you mean? Because the stone then will be cold and you want it in the oven when preheating as well as the broiler pan.
If that is not what you meant.. just disregard my comment. :O

FaithfilledGranolaChick 01-05-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blossomnatalia
Quote:

(I'll just have be careful putting the bread in the oven)

Now, I would not put the dough to rest on the stone and then put it in the oven.... Is that what you mean? Because the stone then will be cold and you want it in the oven when preheating as well as the broiler pan.
If that is not what you meant.. just disregard my comment. :O

Yep, I was saying be careful b/c of the stone being so hot :) and I don't have one of those... uh, forgot what they are called :O But I'll use a cookie sheet or something. Thank you for making sure I was going to do it correct! :heart

Kazimiera 01-05-2009 06:58 PM

so I totally did not have time today, but I was wondering is there something else I can use other than corn meal (my eldest has behavioral reactions to corn) to keep it from sticking? If not I might just bake it on my baking stone and hope for the best as far as sticking goes.

Naked Camper 01-05-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazimiera
so I totally did not have time today, but I was wondering is there something else I can use other than corn meal (my eldest has behavioral reactions to corn) to keep it from sticking? If not I might just bake it on my baking stone and hope for the best as far as sticking goes.

crisco?

blossomnatalia 01-05-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazimiera

I just use flouron my pizza peel... I never have corn meal. The bread will not stick on your stone... :no