Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post] (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=422)
-   -   Easy Peasy - All in One Homeschool (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=475742)

Leslie 10-31-2013 12:49 PM

Re: Easy Peasy - All in One Homeschool

Quote:

Originally Posted by arctic oak (Post 5522933)
How wonderful that this mom has shared so freely.

As a mom who has a homeschool website with a similar purpose, I know of a possible way to thank her and help her out. A friend who used some of her website said that some of her links are bad (the website she linked to is gone, or moved). Keeping up with links can be quite a job; if she intends to keep her site up to date and useful, I'll bet she would appreciate being alerted to bad links, and even better, some help tracking down links that have moved.

I know of a way to track down links that have moved, too. I'll put it in a spoiler.

Glitterfish 10-31-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 5524295)
As a mom who has a homeschool website with a similar purpose, I know of a possible way to thank her and help her out. A friend who used some of her website said that some of her links are bad (the website she linked to is gone, or moved). Keeping up with links can be quite a job; if she intends to keep her site up to date and useful, I'll bet she would appreciate being alerted to bad links, and even better, some help tracking down links that have moved.

I know of a way to track down links that have moved, too. I'll put it in a spoiler.

There's a FB group for Easy Peasy users that is specifically for reporting problems w/ links, typos, etc. There's something new posted almost every day :tu

Chickadee&Me 11-01-2013 01:49 PM

Anyone use it for K? My daughter knows all her letter sounds and we started with Getting Ready 1 day 172 like she recommends. My daughter hated the video but I wrote down the words and made a game and she did fine.
My question is can we really do a lesson in the reader everyday? Or is that really fast? How did you find it?

gpsings 11-03-2013 09:03 AM

I cant get the mcguffy reader to play audio or print. This is a problem. Also figuring out where my kids fall in the middle of the year is complicated. My son loves the math games. It's a curve for me in planning.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2

mellifera 11-03-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear&Me (Post 5525605)
Anyone use it for K? My daughter knows all her letter sounds and we started with Getting Ready 1 day 172 like she recommends. My daughter hated the video but I wrote down the words and made a game and she did fine.
My question is can we really do a lesson in the reader everyday? Or is that really fast? How did you find it?

There is no way P could do a lesson every day. We have been using EP for about 1.5 months and we're on lesson 11. :giggle We don't use EP every day for reading--we alternate with Bob Books and Explode the Code to reinforce ideas. Seeing words in different contexts is important for P--for a while he had me thinking he could read because he had memorized, word for word, some of the primers we were using. :no

Chickadee&Me 11-03-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpsings (Post 5527705)
I cant get the mcguffy reader to play audio or print. This is a problem. Also figuring out where my kids fall in the middle of the year is complicated. My son loves the math games. It's a curve for me in planning.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2

There is no audio for the McGuffey book and you can get the readers here https://archive.org/details/mcguffeyseclecti00mcgu

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellifera (Post 5527775)
There is no way P could do a lesson every day. We have been using EP for about 1.5 months and we're on lesson 11. :giggle We don't use EP every day for reading--we alternate with Bob Books and Explode the Code to reinforce ideas. Seeing words in different contexts is important for P--for a while he had me thinking he could read because he had memorized, word for word, some of the primers we were using. :no

That's good because I'm thinking that was a little intense for Pre-K :shifty

I think we're going to use the same concept except with the BOB books. I've taken the words and we play the POP game. It's much more fun that way since she really does NOT like the "Look at your words" video.

fourbygrace 11-06-2013 11:22 PM

We just started using Easy Peasy with my 3rd grader 2 weeks ago. He really likes it.

Thanks, Glitterfish, for mentioning the FB group! Off to find it.

Glitterfish 11-07-2013 06:44 AM

Did you find it? Here's a link: https://m.facebook.com/groups/354938...ser=1081788502

mamacat 11-07-2013 07:30 AM

FB group is great.Its def way to have questions answered or to report any glitches or links not working etc.

mamahammer 12-07-2013 03:15 PM

Anyone who is using/has used this, how did you set it up so your kids could easily find what they needed to do each day? I saw on a blog that someone set up Evernote notebooks, but they didn't say anything further about it. Or were your kids able to navigate the site easily? And keep track of the days they were on?

Peaceful Meadows 12-09-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamahammer (Post 5568722)
Anyone who is using/has used this, how did you set it up so your kids could easily find what they needed to do each day? I saw on a blog that someone set up Evernote notebooks, but they didn't say anything further about it. Or were your kids able to navigate the site easily? And keep track of the days they were on?

That's a good question. We are no longer using it. (My boys didn't like it. We're too free spirited, I guess. :giggle :O ) But when we were trying it they kept asking me what day they were on. I had a notebook with where everyone was at jotted down. There has to be a better way than that to keep track, though.

gpsings 12-09-2013 06:33 AM

I didn't like it. We tried...I am signing up for k12. :yawn I just feel like I'm not equipped to keep up, and though part of me feels like I'm giving up, it's not about me. It's about the kids being educated.

Glitterfish 12-09-2013 08:21 AM

At the beginning of each level, I think she has a link to a sheet you can print out w/ the days all numbered, and you check them off as you do them. We don't do that, but it's there :shrug

Stonebeck Farm 12-10-2013 06:25 AM

We use it for HS French and the questions from Early American History. I also use the Math game links with my youngest.

I actually leave the pages up in different tabs so they are always on our browser. I printed out the chart with the days and it is great to keep me up to date with everyone. I also use the chart for our grammar program and for those doing TT Algebra I and Geometry--it helps me keep track of them.

We use the French I as written for one HS student and my 6th grader uses the video links from it. They both also use Duo Lingo and my DD uses Learnables French. The check off charts really help since we have so many different pieces going on at the same time.

I have 3 using High School Am History--
-one watches only the videos from EA History
-another uses my old AP history text and answers the questions posted --sadly I just gave her the last set and now I have to write my own ;-)
-I use the links of additional reading to either do with them or to assign.

I just put all the charts in one folder next to the computer so they can check off when they have done it and I can grab the folder at any time and know what is being done.

Grover 12-11-2013 12:43 PM

Interesting