Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=421)
-   -   VENT: Sooo someone decided I needed to be on the Pearls' Mailing List (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=374036)

Redeemed 08-31-2010 09:31 AM

VENT: Sooo someone decided I needed to be on the Pearls' Mailing List

:mad So, I get home yesterday and find a catalog from No Greater Joy Ministries in my mailbox WITH MY NAME ON IT!!!!! Only one person I know who would've put my name on their list - MY DAD'S WIFE.

I'm so mad I could spit fire and nails!!!

I called them up immediately and told them to take my name off their mailing list as I didn't subscribe to it. I also told them I don't subscribe to ministries who promote child abuse. :hunh

nadezhda 08-31-2010 09:36 AM

Re: VENT: Sooo someone decided I needed to be on the Pearls' Mailing List

Good for you! :tu

Are you also going to let your dad's wife know you've cancelled the subscription? :listen

Court 08-31-2010 09:36 AM

Ugh! I would be furious as well!

Hermana Linda 08-31-2010 09:37 AM

Wow. :mad

JenLovie 08-31-2010 09:40 AM

If you get anything else I would return to sender. I'm really sorry.

Firebird Rising 08-31-2010 09:51 AM

:mad

PDX Mommy 08-31-2010 09:58 AM

Wow, I'd be upset, too! I don't think it's the best thing to confront your step mother about it, though, considering that you really don't have any evidence that she did it. Instead, don't bring it up and keep praying for her to have a change of heart.

Wonder Woman 08-31-2010 10:01 AM

I would be tempted to do a "wow, step-MIL, can you BELIEVE someone subscribed me to a mailing list without my knowledge or approval?" :jawdrop and go on and on about how ridiculous it was...but that's just me :shifty That's my typical MO when I know someone has done something idiotic that I can't prove :shifty I love watching them squirm, and it usually nips any other attempts by them right in the bud.

Alternately, I'd buy her a subscription to mothering magazine :shifty

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

I should say - watching people squirm isn't my usual form of amusement :giggle But when someone has been PA enough to do something like that to me, I know they won't have the....round objects required to actually stick up for what they attempted to do.

I play oblivious pretty well, and just act like they are my bestest friend in the whole world that I'm trusting with this little rant :shifty :duck It's very, very effective :shifty

sweetpeasmommy 08-31-2010 10:01 AM

I would confront her. That's totally inappropriate and I would call her on it before she decides to do something else inappropriate.

Maggirayne 08-31-2010 10:11 AM

Wow, ick. I was annoyed that my mom signed me up for stuff that wasn't nasty, but that is wow.

NewLeaf 08-31-2010 10:30 AM

Wow. Just wow. Does she already know you oppose their methods? If not I would just assume she was trying to be kind/helpful.

Either way,NGJ is just ick. :sick

Redeemed 08-31-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewLeaf (Post 3303445)
Wow. Just wow. Does she already know you oppose their methods? If not I would just assume she was trying to be kind/helpful.

Either way,NGJ is just ick. :sick

Oh yeah, she knows that I oppose their methods. She does NOT like that we AP. She thinks my boys are heathens and that because I help/teach Dakota when I ask him to do something that it's disobedience!

Karen 08-31-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonder Woman (Post 3303383)
I would be tempted to do a "wow, step-MIL, can you BELIEVE someone subscribed me to a mailing list without my knowledge or approval?" :jawdrop and go on and on about how ridiculous it was...but that's just me :shifty That's my typical MO when I know someone has done something idiotic that I can't prove :shifty I love watching them squirm, and it usually nips any other attempts by them right in the bud.

Alternately, I'd buy her a subscription to mothering magazine :shifty

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

I should say - watching people squirm isn't my usual form of amusement :giggle But when someone has been PA enough to do something like that to me, I know they won't have the....round objects required to actually stick up for what they attempted to do.

I play oblivious pretty well, and just act like they are my bestest friend in the whole world that I'm trusting with this little rant :shifty :duck It's very, very effective :shifty

This is exactly how I would handle it.

Redeemed 08-31-2010 12:07 PM

:hissyfitOh brother! I just got off the phone with my dad. I'm really on fire now!!!

He says he's not sure about the "abuse" stuff with the Pearls, but he seems to sure like them, too. Dear God, help me bite my tongue!

He says I'm making a mistake in not spanking my kids and that by the age of two they should know you mean business. HUH???????? :question

I'm really upset now. :cry

Hermana Linda 08-31-2010 12:12 PM

Oh, no! She got to him, too. :sigh

You know, even without factoring in the abuse stuff, the Pearls' teachings are heretical. Check out my arguments from pro-spankers, maybe you can find one to share with him. :think