Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=421)
-   -   Don't engage on Facebook. Don't engage on Facebook. Don't engage on Facebook. (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=523102)

Soliloquy 06-16-2017 10:54 PM

Don't engage on Facebook. Don't engage on Facebook. Don't engage on Facebook.

I'm sitting on my hands. I desperately want to reply with ezzo.info but I don't engage on Facebook. :pacing :sigh

Love_Is_Patient 06-16-2017 11:21 PM

Re: Don't engage on Facebook. Don't engage on Facebook. Don't engage on Facebook.

Sounds so frustrating! Can you unfollow or block temporarily?

Aerynne 06-17-2017 07:09 AM

Re: Don't engage on Facebook. Don't engage on Facebook. Don't engage on Facebook.

I have trouble with that, too. On the one hand, you might convince someone who is on the fence (probably not the poster, but someone reading). On the other hand, those things get so ugly so fast! I'd be tempted just to post ezzo.info, then unfollow the post. :shifty But I really do hate facebook fights and I regret entering them when I do.

bananacake 06-17-2017 07:36 AM

The only thing I address on FB is poor car seat use (I cannot keep quiet!), but I do it through private messaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twentysixcats 06-17-2017 07:43 AM

A new mom friend asked about Babywise, so I dropped the link and then unfollowed the conversation. It was too hard to not engage further!! Argh.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Soliloquy 06-17-2017 10:01 AM

It was just a meme and the meme itself wasn't bad ... But it was from the ezzo's new book or site or whatever they have, I don't even know, Beyond Babywise or something. I just want her to know not to be fooled by them. I'm not close with her and it's not a conversation I want to have online.

Maybe in a few weeks I'll post ezzo.info on my page.

Lady Grey 06-17-2017 10:45 AM

I had a really hard time with this recently. On a local yardsale group, someone posted a stack of fostering/adoption books they wanted to give away. There were several great books on attachment, trauma, etc.... and SACH. :hunh Probably the only thing that kept me from saying something was that a friend of mine runs the group.

twentysixcats 06-17-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Grey (Post 6090197)
I had a really hard time with this recently. On a local yardsale group, someone posted a stack of fostering/adoption books they wanted to give away. There were several great books on attachment, trauma, etc.... and SACH. :hunh Probably the only thing that kept me from saying something was that a friend of mine runs the group.

I always grab up copies of SACH, Ezzo, Dr. Denmark, etc. in situations like that. Then I dispose of them properly. :wink

Lady Grey 06-17-2017 06:34 PM

I thought about it but it was in the middle of our health issues back in March and there was just no time/energy.

Aerynne 06-17-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twentysixcats (Post 6090231)
I always grab up copies of SACH, Ezzo, Dr. Denmark, etc. in situations like that. Then I dispose of them properly. :wink

I do that, too. I don't see much of the super toxic stuff like SACH here (it's just not as popular) but I do see Ezzo and I also will buy it and dispose of it properly. :)

Quiteria 06-17-2017 10:00 PM

Oooh, it's barbecue season. I should get rid of the Teenwise I picked up that way.

MariJo7 06-17-2017 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twentysixcats (Post 6090231)

Who is Dr. Denmark?

twentysixcats 06-18-2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariJo7 (Post 6090284)
Who is Dr. Denmark?

She was a pediatrician who lived to be 114 years old. (I think she actively practiced until she was 90 or so?) She did do a lot of cool things and was a HUGE proponent of listening to the mother. But, a lot of her advice reflects the advice of the times she lived in. She was a hyper scheduler and a lot of people follow her advice to the letter and it's horrifying.

She was local to my city, so I see her books come up every so often and I always grab them, even if I have to pay a couple of dollars (at Goodwill/consignment).

MariJo7 06-18-2017 01:08 PM

Thanks! This was clarifying.:)

MaybeGracie 06-18-2017 05:41 PM

Wow, that linked blog post was awful to read through. :(