Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   I think I have kidney stones....update post 17 (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=447516)

Sparrow 04-30-2012 07:34 PM

Re: I think I have kidney stones....update post 15

I'd do a bit of research :heart

Mine was taken out because the stone was blocking the bile duct, it was also infected, and a family history early gall bladder removal

dakotablue 05-02-2012 02:24 PM

OK so I get to keep it for now...but they're not sure what's wrong :-/

I am having an upper endoscopy tomorrow, so hopefully they'll figure something out.

Right now I'm not in pain after eating, but discomfort, which is better, but still ick.

I'm not sure its not gallbladder even though the ultrasound showed no stone...but honestly I'm out of guesses.

LilacPhoenix 05-02-2012 02:42 PM

Hope something easily treatable shows up! Even with no stones, your gb could be not functioning correctly. But it could be other things too... Glad you're not in as much pain:-)

Zoesmama 05-02-2012 10:08 PM

Re: I think I have kidney stones....update post 17

umm gallbladder would hurt int he upper right quadrant of your tummy. Had mine out a couple years ago. :shifty But I've also heard of some getting back pain. Mine was more painful than labor and I couldn't breath too well and most definitely couldn't sleep I didn't sleep at all that night thinking it was heartburn and called my mom to drive me to ER in the morning.

HMM wondering because I get aches back on my side and just to the back but the last couple weeks I've gotten twinges and sharp stabby pains in lower right abdominal area. I don't think it is appendix though as it comes and goes I've not vomited though I did have one morning two weeks ago I surely could have and no fever. Plus the two tests they had my daughter do when she had some a while back I could pass. That was pressing the area and jumping both would be excruciating and it wasn't so I figure it was ovaries or something else. I suspect I get ovarian cysts.

LilacPhoenix 05-02-2012 10:17 PM

You can still get stones even after having your gallbladder out :hugheart

passthemanna 05-03-2012 12:40 AM

I had constant (literally nonstop :() pain in my upper right back for about 10 years before figuring out it's probably my gallbladder. I actually thought it was my kidneys while I was pregnant and it got worse, after doing some research I realized I was having some of the more common symptoms of gallbladder problems. Since figuring out that it was caused by diet I'm able to go days (even weeks! :rockon) at a time without pain. I've found it's best to eat lots of produce, eat 3 square meals with no snacking, very little oil (whole food fats seem fine), and only rare processed food (though this is when I'll usually have a "flare up" which thankfully doesn't last too long). I've found that I'm now able to eat things that would have caused a flare up a few months ago, but really don't like to cheat too often.
feel free to pm me if you'd like to know more about my personal experience :)