Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post] (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=422)
-   -   Arts and Crafts...... (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=347235)

mama_2_many 02-22-2010 06:39 AM

Arts and Crafts......

So, what art supplies can you not see yourself living without??
I have pipe cleaners, glue (sticks and white) construction paper and markers/crayons...

What else should I HAVE ON HAND??? I have a 9yo, 6yo, 3yo, and 18mo...

Marielle 02-22-2010 12:05 PM

Re: Arts and Crafts......

Not much really. I keep some stuff on hand but when it comes to art children will create with anything. I keep crayons, paper, scissors, glue/tape and lots of recycled cardboard boxes (like cereal, oatmeal, etc) for them to create. I save my fabric scraps for them to cut and put together as they wish (same goes for yarn) and they draw a lot in crayon and pencil. I'm looking into getting some proper sketchbooks for my oldest in the next couple of weeks since he loves to draw/sketch.

mum2abby 02-25-2010 11:38 AM

I'll have to see if I can get my friend to take a picture of the thing her friends kid made the other day. From description it was awesome and included dried foods/glue/paint...he apparently made a human body out of it...he's 3.5 so I'm interested to see what he came up with!

Grab some cheap yarn, pasta (you can paint and make necklaces)...when you're done with popsicle sticks save them and the same goes for yogurt/pudding/baby food containers you can use as paint jars! :)

mama_2_many 02-26-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mum2abby (Post 2922985)
I'll have to see if I can get my friend to take a picture of the thing her friends kid made the other day. From description it was awesome and included dried foods/glue/paint...he apparently made a human body out of it...he's 3.5 so I'm interested to see what he came up with!

Grab some cheap yarn, pasta (you can paint and make necklaces)...when you're done with popsicle sticks save them and the same goes for yogurt/pudding/baby food containers you can use as paint jars! :)

POPSICLES!?!??!?! We don't do those... LOL

I got an idea for paint containers today, get yogurt cups with plastic lids for "spill proof" paint cups!

April G 02-26-2010 01:50 PM

scissors, tape, glitter, water colour paints and brushes, white paper, pencil crayons with a sharpener (especially for the olders), pencils, pens, erasers, stapler, hole puncher...