Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   I need to recalcify my teeth...how? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=428909)

greenishmama 11-03-2011 10:19 AM

I need to recalcify my teeth...how?

I thought there was a sticky on this...

I have decalcification along my gum line. one area may be the start of decay. I bought the MI paste my dentist offered- it has calcium phosphate in it and I asked for the one with no fluoride.

any other ideas? or thoughts on the paste she gave me?

MaySunflowers 11-03-2011 10:21 AM

Re: I need to recalcify my teeth...how?

I'm subscribing as I'd like to know if this is possible, my dentist said once enamel thins that's it.... I have teeth like my moms and they are starting to get tiny chips now and then and I want to preserve them!

Kiara.I 11-03-2011 10:39 AM

:cup
Wait, caffeine's supposed to be bad. Ummm.... :popcorn
:doh That has hard kernels in it, bad for teeth. :cookie
Drat, that's got sugar. :fudgepop
Oh no, that's got sugar *and* it's cold. That's no good. Ummm..... :watermelon ???

MiriamRose 11-03-2011 10:43 AM

I'm subbing too. I have some minor cavities and I'd love to try to fix them naturally first before going for getting one of them filled. I also have one tooth that the gum has receded from and I think it keeps trying to heal, but can't because there is a mild cavity in that tooth just under where the gum line should be.

StrangeTraveller 11-03-2011 10:52 AM

subbing for my 3 y/o

PlateauMama 11-03-2011 09:58 PM

Here are a couple of stickies:

My teeth are remineralizing

curing cavities without the dentist

and, subbing, in case there's any new info that I can actually do from here.

ArmsOfLove 11-03-2011 11:48 PM

I would encourage getting your vitamin D levels checked as one part of the overall plan. I also make sure I take a good calcium supplement *with* magnesium. And from what I've read you actually need MORE magnesium than calcium--the best plan (from what I've read) is to slowly increase your magnesium until your stools get a little loose and then back down a smidge from that amount :)

I also use xylitol (gum but even more regularly in my toothpaste).

I'm seeing great improvements in my oldest's teeth that were getting weak with growth spurts.

MaySunflowers 11-04-2011 12:27 AM

I've done on online search for this calendula toothpaste in the UK and can't find it... is there another similar brand of it? I found other calendula products just not toothpaste.

Oh wait!! after all my searching I found it on amazon finally, and with free delivery... good thing as its costs £3.50!!! I hope that person keeps it stalked as if they don't the only other two options are to buy it for £4.50 of £9.99!!!! Which is just out of my range with postage added to the other 2 sellers!

Momma2Luke 11-04-2011 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaMiriam (Post 4259760)
I'm subbing too. I have some minor cavities and I'd love to try to fix them naturally first before going for getting one of them filled. I also have one tooth that the gum has receded from and I think it keeps trying to heal, but can't because there is a mild cavity in that tooth just under where the gum line should be.

Once the cavity heals - vitamin C is good for receding gums... my naturopath recommends vitamin c powder mixed with water and then swish and swallow every day...

Also - regarding recalcification - read Dr. Weston Price - more good fats and leafy greens help.
As well, Dr. Gerard Judd is well known for this theory on brushing with just soap and how it helps with remineralization and other dental issues.... you can google his name and soap and you'll find info on this... I've not tried this personally....

mamacat 11-04-2011 05:59 AM

I know that some have had very good results with using fermented fish oil/butter oil caps.You can do a search.They are kind of pricey but not so compared to dental work

MaySunflowers 11-08-2011 05:04 AM

I got my new toothpaste today and will pick up cal/mag on the way home from the school run (assuming I don't forget AGAIN).

So you think its ok to brush with my regular tooth paste and then this new one afterwards? I don't find myself quite so trusting to use something different than was ingrained into my head on its own.

azlayla 11-08-2011 01:54 PM

I highly recommend, "Cure Tooth Decay - Heal and Prevent Cavities with Nutrition" by Ramiel Nagel, on how to remineralize your teeth! Wealth of info on dental health including: how to avoid root canals by healing your tooth naturally, stop cavities in their tracks, regrow secondary dentin, form new tooth enamel, heal tooth infections, etc. Great info that will save you $$$ at the dentist!

Rabbit 11-08-2011 02:13 PM

It's possible that your current toothpaste is too abrasive for your teeth. We've had wonderful results with Weleda's toothpastes, and we've tried just about everything in their line, from the calendula to the plant gel.

It's all about nutrition, and the environment of the mouth. My teeth healed cavities slight enough that they did not require filling, just watching. I did not have any major decay, and want to be clear about that. The little cavities are completely gone from x-ray now. My front teeth were getting translucent, and that is visibly reversing. I take cal-mag, don't drink soda or juice, and use Weleda toothpaste (no fluoride, gentle scrubbing).

My husband had a mouth full of brittle teeth and decay, and it has been a much longer road for him. We added Weleda's mouth wash to his routine, cut all soda and most sugar, and thus eliminated the decay, and he even stopped getting canker sores, but his teeth were still splintering and cracking off pieces. Turned out to be chronic and severe vit. D deficiency. His levels rose nicely in the first three months of supplementation, but he's not yet at healthy levels. 3 to 9 months to go. After that, his teeth should really start to heal. He's also taking a bone builder vitamin formula.

MaySunflowers 11-08-2011 11:27 PM

How long until you saw changes in your own teeth?

Mine haven't got any major problems, no cavities but my dentist said I have thinner areas to make sure I clean extra well (had an x-ray a couple of months ago, so something good to refer back to in the future to see if there is a change), my front teeth are a bit more translucent at the bottoms than I would like and I occasionally (but not in a couple months) get tiny chips I can't even see along my bottom teeth.... which is what makes me afraid my teeth will turn out like my moms teeth.

The cal/mag supplements I got also have vit D in them... got lucky and they were actually on sale when I went in so got 3 for 2.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

Oh, forgot to say one thing that impressed me with my new tooth paste... my tooth brush started squeaking near the end of me brushing my teeth, it never squeaks normally!

MaySunflowers 11-09-2011 04:43 AM

I've been looking up ways to help my diet be more likely to help to remineralize my teeth and I found a few things not yet mentioned here.

Make your own soup stock as it draws minerals from the bones... that this is not present in store bought stock due to salt and preservatives.

Don't do away with salt completely, but get rid of refined table salt.. switch to using sea salt as the minerals have not been processed away.

Rinse your mouth with water during and after eating as it apparently goes even farther than brushing your teeth as it dissipates the acidity in your mouth.