Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   Anyone just want to chat? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=526248)

Laurlor 11-02-2018 08:46 AM

Re: Anyone just want to chat?

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6160956)
We had 50 people come by our house last night. This is our fifth year to set up our fire pit in the front yard with seating and we serve hot chocolate, popcorn, and, of course, candy. So much fun!

That's such a great idea, and such a great way to be neighborly! We don't have sidewalks so we are lucky to get 2-3 trick or treaters :(.

simplegirl 11-02-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6160623)
Rice on Sunday evenings after church has become a tradition in our house - you can top it with whatever you can find! :)

This is a fantastic idea!

Our city moved its ToT this year to the evening before because we were supposed to get torrential rain...which did happen.

I'm in a funk...usually I'm happy, upbeat and easy-going but I have drama going on in at least 5 different areas in my life. It is really strange! I don't want to be the Debbie Downer of the thread...so carry on!

charla 11-02-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplegirl (Post 6161059)
I'm in a funk...usually I'm happy, upbeat and easy-going but I have drama going on in at least 5 different areas in my life. It is really strange! I don't want to be the Debbie Downer of the thread...so carry on!

:hugheart

heartofjoy 11-02-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicki_T (Post 6160948)
How are you getting on with the cat re-homing?

I helped my younger DC make apple crumble this afternoon :P~ The youngest wasn't very keen to actually try it but he ended up wanting seconds!

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Desiree, how is your road trip?

I'm so tired! The driving went fine. The 8 moms are exhausting. The drama could be worse, but we have some major personality conflicts. Also, our coach is keeping us busy! And I'm not getting enough sleep.

I hurt my knee driving up here. 14 hours split over 2 days. Sunday we drive back 14 hours straight. Please pray that I survive!!!

I think Joanna is having fun. She's playing awesome. They made it into the gold bracket and their goal was silver. Their coach didn't think they'd win any games today and they won 2/3!

Today is the 1st anniversary of mil's death. I am sad that I'm not with my husband and the rest of my kids today. I miss her.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

2sunshines 11-03-2018 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplegirl (Post 6161059)

:hugheart I'm sorry. :( I'm praying for you! Feel free to vent the ups AND downs here in this thread. We can simultaneously handle both. :heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartofjoy (Post 6161126)
Today is the 1st anniversary of mil's death. I am sad that I'm not with my husband and the rest of my kids today. I miss her.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

:hugheart

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

So... . what are everyone's weekend plans?

This is our first weekend in a while with NO cross country meet for the high schoolers!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE cross country season and LOVE watching them run, but am also really glad when it's done. I love having nothing scheduled on the weekends. :heart

Not sure what we'll do. Hopefully get a lot of the final prep for winter yard work and leaf raking done.

Laurlor 11-03-2018 06:07 AM

After 16 years at our old church, we've been at a new church since January.... Last night I had signed up to go to dinner for a "Table for Four" with three ladies I'd never met. I was kind of dreading it because I was tired and feeling introverted, but it was actually really nice! They all knew each other well, but were very inclusive and friendly :). It really helps me just to have faces I can say hi to on Sunday.

Today DH and I are going away just for the day to celebrate both of our birthdays. We don't have a firm plan, but we wanted to go hiking in the mountains and are hoping to see some fall colors (which is a long shot because we live in S. CA and it was 87 here yesterday)....but maybe in the mountains? We may also go wine tasting at a nearby town. We're not big drinkers, but doing something "adult" without the kids just sounds fun.

Family birthday party on Sunday, and chili cookout at church that night!

charla 11-03-2018 10:32 AM

My son is home from college last night and today. It is good to have him home for awhile. :heart
I'm writing a curriculum on emotions for our children's ministry and am hoping to start it tomorrow night. I don't have it quite done, but I do have tomorrow's lesson ready. :nails

Vicki_T 11-03-2018 12:29 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL, Desiree, and I hope your knee recovers quickly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2sunshines (Post 6161144)

So... . what are everyone's weekend plans?

This is our first weekend in a while with NO cross country meet for the high schoolers!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE cross country season and LOVE watching them run, but am also really glad when it's done. I love having nothing scheduled on the weekends. :heart

Not sure what we'll do. Hopefully get a lot of the final prep for winter yard work and leaf raking done.

Our weekend is half over now! The DC had activities this morning, then we went bowling and for dinner with my sister and her dh, which was good fun!

Laurie, I would have been so nervous about that too, so I'm glad it went well :) I hope you enjoyed your day trip too.

Charla, you must be so glad to have your DS home for the night!

marbles 11-03-2018 02:52 PM

I have no plans at all for the weekend and I love it! Just laying around enjoying the finally nice weather.

2sunshines 11-03-2018 05:25 PM

Laurie, how was your day out with the hubby?

We had a nice quiet day. Dh and I left the house before the kids even got out of bed (which wasn't hard since our kids are getting old and take full advantage of sleep in days which are fairly rare ;) ). Went out for coffee. Drove around town. Checked out a local craft bazaar.

This afternoon dh and ds17 took care of all the lawn work in preparation for winter.

Then tonight we just chilled and watch a few shows on streaming.

I'm ready for bed!

kiloyd 11-03-2018 07:34 PM

I took my younger 3 plus the 3 yr old and 6 mo old I watch to our farmer's market and the our local train museum. They got to hold a chicken and pet a cow. :heart

Then when the 3 yr old napped, my 11 yr old got the baby down for a nap so I napped too! :heart

Laurlor 11-03-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2sunshines (Post 6161210)
Laurie, how was your day out with the hubby?

We had a nice quiet day. Dh and I left the house before the kids even got out of bed (which wasn't hard since our kids are getting old and take full advantage of sleep in days which are fairly rare ;) ). Went out for coffee. Drove around town. Checked out a local craft bazaar.

This afternoon dh and ds17 took care of all the lawn work in preparation for winter.

Then tonight we just chilled and watch a few shows on streaming.

I'm ready for bed!

It was actually SOOO good....thank you for asking! We really need to do that more but I have a hard time leaving DS because he gets so lonely and I just don't have many options for him for a whole day :blush. We went to an adorable town about an hour away and ate THE MOST AMAZING cappuccino chocolate chip muffin and goat cheese/leek quiche for breakfast at a farmer's market. We drove up to the mountains and the weather was gorgeous....we went for a hike among the (sort of) fall colors! Then down the hill to a winery and did a little wine tasting, off to a trendy pizza place for dinner, back home near our town and had pumpkin gelato and now we're home! We seriously spoiled ourselves and it was great! :lol It's amazing how much we did in one day.

Your day with your hubby sounds really nice too! :heart

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6161169)
My son is home from college last night and today. It is good to have him home for awhile. :heart

How is college going, and how are you guys doing without him? This is DD's freshman year too. We miss her SO much but she's doing great so that helps :heart. I'm counting the days until Thanksgiving break!

charla 11-03-2018 09:12 PM

College is going well for him. He is loving it. Calculus is proving to be difficult, but we are praying he can get through it with a strong C. We've gotten to see him fairly often which is nice, but saying "goodbye" over and over is still rather difficult for me, but we are all adjusting. I'm so happy you get to see your dd at Thanksgiving. It will be such a sweet time. :heart

Soliloquy 11-03-2018 10:03 PM

I turned back the clock on my oven! I'm so excited to have an extra hour tonight!!

Vicki_T 11-04-2018 02:40 AM

Enjoy your extra hour!