Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   April Dinners :-) (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=526940)

mummy2boys 04-03-2019 10:17 PM

April Dinners :-)

Wow! April already.

Its beginning to cool down over here in Australia so I'm looking forward to starting some soups/bone broths and generally warmer food. I loathe cooking in summer so am glad its over!

Last night I attempted to make Beef Goulash from scratch. I used to be able to make it with a little help from a packet mix with herbs etc in it but the company changed the ingredients and now I can't use it :shifty Thankfully it was a success all around, and for next time I'm wondering how many veggies I can "hide" in it :lol

Tonight's dinner is "make your own" as everyone will be in and out so its a easy night for me

charla 04-04-2019 08:34 AM

Re: April Dinners :-)

I'm trying a new recipe tonight: Kale and Artichoke Chicken Casserole with rice and a veggie on the side (hopefully asparagus from the garden if I have enough).

Singingmom 04-04-2019 09:50 AM

My dairy allergic son is gone for the week, so I'm going to make a few creamy-cheesy dishes. I've got Magnolia Table from the library, so I'm going to start with Chicken Spaghetti and King Ranch Chicken. I'll post recipes if they're especially good. :)

knitlove 04-04-2019 11:21 AM

I am trying to track what I plan to eat and what we actually eat for the next 4 weeks.

Last night we had roast that I had originally planned for Sunday but it worked better last night.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

charla 04-05-2019 06:50 PM

I had planned chicken tacos for tonight, but realized I didn't have any tortillas on hand. It was a very happy accident because taco chicken rice bowls with homemade guacamole, cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and a last minute sub for the tortillas of tortilla chips baked in the oven with lime were extremely yummy. :yum

knitlove 04-05-2019 07:29 PM

Tonight was talapia, rice roasted green beans and cobbler

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Laurlor 04-05-2019 07:58 PM

We had White Chicken Chili tonight with a southwest cabbage salad on the side.

Soliloquy 04-05-2019 08:42 PM

Tonight we had beer battered cod, broccoli, baked potatoes, and rye rolls.

Last night I made spaghetti and salad.

Night before I was exhausted and made hot dogs, mac & cheese, and salad.

Monday and Tuesday we had mulligatawny soup, recipe from PlateJoy.

milkmommy 04-05-2019 10:51 PM

I'm all dinner prepped out lately and getting irritated about the cost of things.. so I'm going more for ease. Plans for this week

Saturday- gluten free fried chicken and corn on the cob (Margaret's dinner request for this week)

Sunday- Frozen pizza and salad (we do Church at 5pm fast before so by the time we are home everyone is hungry. I keep GF crusts for Margaret and make hers.

Monday - crock pot pork stew and bread DH come home around 5pm.. I have to leave with Margaret for Ballet by 5:30 and DH again for evening rehearsals by 6:15 so crockpot meals are our standard Monday night meal. Margaret honestly will probably just have chicken nuggets raw veggies and dairy free yogurt with fruit as the stew and bread wont likely be safe for her and honestly she'd just pick at it anyways. Her chicken nugget meal is better balance for her.

Tuesday- probably GF spaghetti meat sauce garlic bread and roasted broccoli, ballet from 4-5pm so dinner after but no one wants to wait a long time.

Wednesday - Pork Chops mashed potatoes and some vegetable to be decided another quick meal for DH who is home around 4:30-5pm and leaves again around 6-6:30

Thursday Taco night finally a no rush meal day. I'll make some Spanish style rice and do some beans in the crock pot before some I'll freeze for burritos for a latter lunch or a Friday meal.

Friday- teen night for Cecilia but we will probably make some burritos to bring as we will still be in Lent and likely unable to eat what will be served.

The Tickle Momster 04-06-2019 04:15 PM

Tonight is General Tso's chicken. I'm out of hoisin. I think it will work to mix a bit of thick teriyaki sauce with some peanut butter. The ingredients are almost the same.

Tomorrow dh is making omelettes.

Monday is an away soccer game. Not sure what I'll make to take. I normally do sandwiches. Everyone is sandwiched out though. :think

CJNeeley 04-08-2019 12:53 PM

Making potato kale soup (the in-house teen prepped the kale yesterday, the Hubs made a broth from scratch in the instant pot this morning)... I chopped onions this morning and cooked them while having breakfast, but things were too chaotic to get the potatoes cooked. So now I will try to video chat with one of the teens after they get out of school (in the next few minutes), while I cut the potatoes (so I am not entirely unsupervised) and get everything in the Instant Pot.

ETA: The local teen video supervised me chopping and I am putting the kale and potatoes in the IP and sausages in the oven. It seems to have gone fairly well combining the pre-prepped stuff with what I can manage to do. Hoping the rest of the week plugs away smoothly.

charla 04-08-2019 01:37 PM

Sunday we had roast, potatoes, carrots, and gravy. Tonight I threw all of the leftovers in the crockpot and am hoping it turns out like stew. Crossing my fingers.

Laurlor 04-08-2019 02:55 PM

Tonight we're having Asian marinated flank steak with roasted broccoli/sweet potatoes with a miso dressing.

The Tickle Momster 04-08-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurlor (Post 6176983)
Tonight we're having Asian marinated flank steak with roasted broccoli/sweet potatoes with a miso dressing.

Can you tell me more about your miso dressing?

Virginia 04-08-2019 08:14 PM

I’ve been out of town at a volleyball tournament since Friday, and I got so tired of eating out

When I got home tonight from the airport, I made avocado toast sprinkled with Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel seasoning and had some cereal :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk