Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Breakfast *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=543)
-   -   Gluten Free Eggless Make-ahead Breakfasts (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=524782)

bananacake 02-09-2018 01:32 PM

Re: Gluten Free Eggless Make-ahead Breakfasts

I don't do dairy, but I imagine there would be tons of hash brown type casseroles with sausage that would freeze well.

Maedchen 02-09-2018 01:59 PM

One thing that I found out with quinoa is that you have to rinse it (the actual seeds not the flakes) If you skip the rinse, then it can be very bitter on your tongue.

OH, I recently joined Shipt in our area they use Publix and Target, but it is a little higher on the grocery bill. It is one of my chronic fatigue savers though. I shop from the recliner and they deliver it to my door. They would bring it to the kitchen counter for me, but due to my husband needing a safe environment for allergies, we take the groceries at the door.

If you use WalMart for groceries, they have a pick up time you can get your groceries for no charge, but it requires someone stopping in the spot to pick them up at the store (in selected areas)

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

What about twice baked potatoes? You can just do cheese, add some with cooked bacon/sausage/hamburger......... They freeze well and are easy to rewarm and are mobile. :)

bananacake 02-09-2018 02:53 PM

Millet makes a good breakfast cereal as well (hot cereal).

2sunshines 02-09-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6129257)
I haven't jumped on the smoothie bandwagon yet, but maybe I should try it. :think

Oh yes! Jump aboard! My absolute fave thing about smoothies is that you can add SO MUCH goodness and healthy add ins without sacrificing taste! Some of the add ins we do are: chia seeds, flaxseed, kelp powder, vit c powder and I'm sure a bunch others that aren't at the top of my mind right now. :giggle

bananacake 02-09-2018 04:26 PM

Smoothies don't satisfy me for breakfast. I just did a calorie analysis of my egg-filled breakfast. I usually have 457 calories for breakfast :shifty Now it's not surprising that my low calorie smoothie doesn't satisfy.

A question though, Charla - do you have any issues with fruit? If I remember correctly, you have adrenal fatigue. I had to be careful when my adrenal fatigue was really bad not to eat too much high glycemic stuff early in the day (any fruit but berries was completely out).

charla 02-09-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananacake (Post 6129274)
Smoothies don't satisfy me for breakfast. I just did a calorie analysis of my egg-filled breakfast. I usually have 457 calories for breakfast :shifty Now it's not surprising that my low calorie smoothie doesn't satisfy.

A question though, Charla - do you have any issues with fruit? If I remember correctly, you have adrenal fatigue. I had to be careful when my adrenal fatigue was really bad not to eat too much high glycemic stuff early in the day (any fruit but berries was completely out).

I had forgotten about that but it is true. :doh I drink oj for adrenal issues but not until after lunch.

tempus vernum 02-10-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerynne (Post 6129123)
Scrambled tofu burritos or chickpea burritos. Black salt gives an eggy taste if you want.

Smoothies

Oatmeal breakfast cookies

Glo bars from Oh She Glows

Research the soy. Most will say it’s a no no for your condition

We do hash browns and cheese, leftovers from dinner and a lot of breakfast meats.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Ohhhh and power coffee is my go to high breakfast low glycemic breakfast. :rockon

Laurlor 02-14-2018 10:31 PM

I'm kind of obsessed with these easy homemade bagels right now. She has directions to make them gluten free. My family BEGS me to make them. They have 10 grams of protein per bagel!